Woebegone

Do not comment errors. Oh and try not to comment on this; + about claiming and what not.
_________________________

Riley's POV

Waking up had been a terribly hard thing to do. Opening my eyes, I was instantly met with the blinding the of the sun peaking through my curtains.

Throwing the sheets off me, I got dressed into a simple black tank top with black spandex shorts and my hair tied up.

I met Dylan outside on the deck, where he say with fruit and lemonade.

"Hey." He said wearily as I sat across from him.

"Hey." I sighed, taking his lemonade, which he didn't object to.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay. I mean I'm gonna be fixing everything day by day. Maybe soon I'll even look okay." I said shrugging as I have him a small smile.

"Good." He smiled before getting up to grabbing more lemonade.

"You deserve to be happy." Dylan said after a few minutes.

I have him a small smile as I brought my knees to my chest. "Maybe I don't."

"Why?" Dylan spoke clearly as his gaze hardened.

"I don't know. I mean, it is my fault that Nate is going to ruin so many lives. That's on me Dylan. The blood will be on my hands."

"Riley," Dylan said as he turned fully around to face me. "You have been through hell. Bullying, your best friend dying, your mate rejecting you, meeting Nate. The list goes on." Dylan listed as I throughout my head back in a sigh.

"I know, I know." I blew out a sigh,"I just can't shake the feeling that I'm responsible."

"Your not." Dylan said, his eyebrows raised.

"Maybe I should just go to Russia." I muttered. "I'll buy a house and Nate can begin to track me without hurting the pack."

Dylan rolled his eyes, "Don't be ridiculous."

"I'm not." My eyes were now narrowed and glaring. "I'm just saying that maybe I should just run."

"You can't run from your problems!" Dylan yelled, causing me to jump skittle as my eyebrows furrowed. "Sure, life seems to kick you in the ass every now and then but running isn't an option and it shouldn't be."

I nodded. "Your right. I can't do that."

After that, Dylan and I just sat in peace. No yelling, no boisterous people.

Hearing the door open, I glanced behind me to see Derek.

He rubbed the back of his neck and glanced up at me. "Look, Alex is really pissed for some reason and took a quick trip to visit a neighboring pack. He told me to give you this." He said as he handed me a small piece of paper.

Unfolding it, I read the small line quickly and rolled my eyes. "Stupid bastard." I muttered before getting up and making my way back into the house.

+

"What's your poison?" Dylan asked from behind me as I brought the bottle to my lips.

"Jack." I muttered taking another sip from the Jack Daniel's bottle.

I sat on top of the small waterfall in the mountains. This was the area where I normally went to when I would go on runs. It had also been the place me and Avery would go to when we wanted to smoke or drink.