Bad Dreams.

Riley's POV

:Freshman Year:

I was walking back from school on my way to Avery's house.

On my way to her house a car had driven by and stopped beside me. I looked over to see it was my older brother and his two friends Alex and Mark.

"Dad said for you to go straight home and for me to drive you, so get in the back." He said as he unlocked the car.

"I'm going to see Avery tell Dad I'll be home later" I said in a quiet voice as my blonde hair draped over my face.

"Riley, Dad said now."

"Yeah and I said later" I said in a more confident voice as I carried on my way.

I knew Derek wasn't going to follow me because he knew I wouldn't one home until I saw Avery.

------

A couple minutes later I had reached her house. The lights were dark except for one in her bedroom.

He parents weren't home so I opened her door with the key her parent had given me incase I ever needed anything and I could just come here.

"Averyyyy" I dragged out as I entered to dark house.

She didn't answer so I had walked up her stairs into her bright bedroom. It was a bright yellow color that I always loved. I knocked on her bedroom door twice and she didn't answer.

I turned the doorknob and entered her room. As I turned around I didn't expect to see Avery there.

Correction.

I didn't expect to see Avery in her bed, pale and and a deep red cut along her small fragile wrist. My breath caught in my throat as I walked over to her unmoving body. I knew what had happened. I knew she was dead, but for some odd reason, I found myself moving towards her, hoping to catch a glimmer of life.

"A-Avery. Please tell me your okay and breathing." I said in a voice not even above a whisper. I put my hand in her neck and felt no pulse. I pulled my hand back and did the first thing that came to mind.

I screamed.

************************************

I bolted upright as my chest went up and down fast. A bang sounded and snapped my attention towrds my door as I saw Dylan run in.

"Hey Ry are you ok? I heard you scream." He rushed out.

"No...no I'm not." I said as sobs escaped my mouth.

He came over lifted me up and sat my back against his chest. More tears had escaped my eyes as I gripped his shirt.

"Why! Why did she have to die. Why did she leave me."

He instantly knew who I was talking about as he rubbed my arms pet down my hair comfortably.

"Shhh, it's okay. She's in a better place. It's okay." He said soothingly.

      I don't know how long we had sat their together but eventually my sobs got quiet as I fell into a sleep with tears running down my cheeks.

__________________________

A/N: What do you guys think?

Have anymore ideas on what the twist could be?

Sorry it's short I will post another chapter as soon as possible.

And what do you guys think will happen later in the story?

-K