Infuriate

Do not comment errors. Oh and try not to comment on this; + about claiming and what not.
_________________________

Riley's POV

My knees were pulled up to my chest as I stared out the large window, tears glowing down my cheeks and chin.

Alex laid beside me on the bed, his back turned upwards as he slept.

Outside, rain poured down as lighting and thunder appeared. It was about four in the mourning and I couldn't bring myself to go back to sleep.

Throwing the thin sheet off me and wiping the tears from my cheeks, I headed downstairs, my footsteps quiet so I wouldn't wake Alex.

Walking into the kitchen, there was nobody down there, just the dim light of the moon beaming through the outside door.

Flicking the light on, I screamed. "Oh my god!"

Nik sat on the counter a bowl of cereal laying in his lap. "Sorry." He shrugged, a puppy dog expression on his face.

"Jesus." I breathed out before heading to the fridge. "Why are you down so late?"

"Could ask you the same thing." He said as he hopped off the counter to sit across from me at the counter, in the normal seats.

"Bad dreams." I sighed as I dug a spoon into the chocolate ice cream. "What about you?"

"Couldn't sleep," He said shrugging as he dug a spoon into the container of ice cream.

I tilted my head to the side. "Why?"

"Thunder kept me up, and I had a dream." He said shrugging again, his accent ringing out in the quietness of the house.

"Bad dream?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

His eyebrows furrowed as he sighed. "Surprisingly no. It was a good dream. Bad memory."

"About what?" I asked. I didn't want to pry into his life, seeing how I just met him, but something about him intrigued me.

A sad, almost painful look crossed his face, "A girl I used to know."

"What happened to her?" I asked cautiously, knowing that whoever this girl was, she meant a lot to him.

"She died." He sighed, "It was tragic really, but it was the way she wanted to leave the world. I knew that she was in pain and she took action so I don't blame her. I'm just glad her pain stopped."

"It sounds like you really loved this girl." I observed, listening to the way he spoke about her, almost as if he was truly glad her pain stopped, even though it caused him pain.

"I did. And she loved me." It was quiet for a few minutes before he spoke up.

"What about you?" He asked as he got up and out the spoons in the sink.

"What about me?"

"What's your tragic love story?" He asked smirking making me laugh.

"The reason your here actually." I said as he sat back down. "I met him when I was sixteen. I went to Australia after I found out Alex was my mate. Anyway, he was the Alpha of his pack and he was interested in me. I thought I could finally be happy. I was wrong."