Flashback

Recap:

She shook her head silently laughing as she began to speak "That conversation in the pool, I think you forgot about wear wolf hearing?" She tapped her ear before returning to her salad.

"Of course I did." I muttered under my breath as I picked away at the salad.

I tiled my head taking a glance at Alex to see him laughing carelessly as he talked to all the guys.

Maybe my life won't be so bad anymore.

_________________________

*Flash back*

Riley Smith stayed up in her room as her brother and his friends stayed downstairs. She hated when they hung out in the living room since Mark would always end up teasing her about something.

Riley had been waiting for Avery to come over so it wouldn't be as bad and she would have something to do other then read or watch TV in her room.

Riley looked around her room for the time being before she pulled out her sketchbook and started to draw a picture of a werewolf. She got book many times and whenever something came to her mid she drew it n

Hearing a car pull up in the drive way Riley knew it was Avery. She shut her sketch pad and quietly walked down the stairs trying to not let them know she had come down. She walked to the large front door and opened it letting Avery in.

When she opened the door Avery was ginning largely. "Hey Ri, Your room?" Avery asked knowing the drill

Riley nodding as she shut the door.

Avery frowned before looking at Riley. "Are all the parents gone?" She questioned.

Riley nodded. "Dinner" she simply said.

Avery nodded in reply as she went straight upstairs not bother to be quiet as she ran with heaving footfalls.

'Shit' Riley thought as she grimace. Derek had definitely heard her.

"Riley?" She heard her brother question. Turning around she saw him, Mark, Matt, Eric and Alex come out of the kitchen.

"Hey didn't even know you were home." Derek said as he tried to hide the bottle of alcohol he had in his hand. Riley only ever looked at him not caring to acknowledge the others.

Riley looked over and saw Mark lay a heavy hand on Derek's shoulder as he leaned over and talked to Riley.

"Hey Riley. You look good. Why don't we go somewhere private." Mark smirked and winked.

Riley noticeably winced as she moved back. She could smell the vodka and beer on him all the way from where she was standing and it annoyed her. He always acted like this when he was drunk.

Derek pushed Mark back as he muttered to him. "Shut up. That's my baby sister."

Mark rolled his eyes as he sent one last wink Riley's way. "Who cares if she's your sister. She old enough to do whatever unless she's going to be a baby" With that Mark walked back to the kitchen taking another drink from the vodka bottle and giving Riley a lasting wink.

"Uh yeah. I'm here I was just letting Avery in and I'm gonna go back upstairs." Riley said answering Derek's question from before.

Derek nodded as he scratched the back of his neck. "Um okay. Be careful?" Derek said in a question like way.

Riley nodded it before booking it up the stairs. Her and Derek had never really had that sibling bond that everyone talks about in the books and movies, so whenever they talked to each other it was awkward and weird. That's why Riley tried to avoid him most times.

When Riley had gotten back up to her room Avery was in her closet raiding it and throwing stuff around as she looked through everything.

Hearing Riley walk in Avery turned around as she pulled out a lace push-up bra, crop top and short-shorts. She raised an eyebrow at Riley, "Hey, how come you never wear this stuff." She questioned.

Riley sighed. "Because I would get made fun of even more then I already do." She said honestly as she sat on her bed one leg crossed under her.

Avery rolled her eyes. "Who cares. I get teased and I still wear whatever I want so why don't you?" She said as she sat across from Riley.

Riley just shrugged "It wouldn't matter anyway."

"Here put these on we're going out."

Riley knew there was no arguing with Avery seeing how she always got what she wants. Riley turned around as she put on the stuff Avery had pulled out of her closet finishing off the outfit worth black vans. When she was finished she turned around to face Avery.

"Damn girl." Avery paused. "Did your boobs get bigger?" She questioned innocently.

Riley's eyes widened as she blushed "Avery!"

All Avery did was roll her eyes at her way to innocent friend. "Whatever I'll meet you in the car. Hurry up." with that Avery went out the door and down the stairs to her car.

The crop top showed half her stomach and her push-up bra made her cleavage pop out more then she would normally do.

Riley sighed as she stared at the mirror fixing her hair and making before reluctantly going down the stairs.

Riley had been walking through the living room to get to the front door not bothering to acknowledge her brother and his friends as they sat around drinking and watching TV.

Just as Riley was almost at the door she heard her brother voice again. "Woah. What the hell are you wearing!?" He said as he sprung from his seat and went over to Riley.

Riley's eyebrows sprung up as she looked around awkwardly. "Uh clothes?" Riley frowned.

Why did he care?

"Well can't you put a jacket on or something." He stated with his hands on his hips making him look like a diva in Riley's opinion

"It's like 80 degrees. Derek it's summer, why would I wear a jacket?" Riley questioned still confused on why he would care.

Derek sighed and pitched the bridge of his nose. Just because they weren't close that didn't mean he doesn't care about her. He would rather have her dressed in more clothes this way Mark wouldn't tease and hit on her and she wouldn't be an easy advantage for guys. But dressed like this, guys would obviously try to take advantage of her.

"Okay fine. You win but can you please just be careful and try to cover up."

Riley was still confused as hell but nodded as she spoke. "Uh sure" Riley them heard a loud car horn and she knew Avery was being impatient.

"I better get going." Avery said awkwardly as she threw a thumb towards the door.

Derek nodded as he opened the door for her letting her out before locking it Derek turned around and noticed that all his friends were past out including Mark and he was happy about that. He wouldn't have teased or hit on his baby sister.

When Riley had gotten into the front seat of the car she buckled as Avery pulled out. Luckily Avery was 17 a year older then Riley so they didn't need people to drive them places.

Avery had noticed Riley's quietness as she quickly glanced over at her speeding up during a green light.

"Hey, you okay?" She spoke keeping her eyes on the road.

"Hmm?" Riley asked glancing at Avery before turning back to the window. "Oh yeah I'm fine." She said.

"No your not what happened?" Avery pushed as she glanced sideways at Riley once again.

"No I'm fine. I just can't wait to leave this freak town place." Riley said as she drew patterns on her window. She thought back to Derek. He was never really the protective brother and it freaked her out.

Riley just wanted to get away.

+

Riley tossed an turned in her sleep. She was having those dreams again. She didn't mind them to much since she could be with her best friend again.

Riley just hated thinking or dreaming about the past.

+

Riley was in the kitchen making herself a salad when her cell went off making her jump.

"Hello?" Riley said as she went back to mixing the salad in the water to clean it.

"What's up bitch?" She heard Avery say to her on through the phone making Riley roll he eyes.

"Nothing. All the adults are out including the Alpha and Derek and his merry band of idiots are all out doing god knows what." Riley said bitterly and happily at the same time. She didn't like her brothers friends but she was happy they were all out.

"That's awesome. I bringing over my bathing suit and a bag of water balloons and were gonna have a great time." Avery said not even nothing to ask.

Riley put in onions, carrots, tomatoes and her favorite salad dressing together a she started to eat. "Okay that's fine come over then we can get dressed. I'm eating and there's still salad if you want any." She said as she ate another forkful of salad.

"Ill be over...now" As Avery said that the doorbell had gone off. Riley rolled her eyes. Of course Avery had been driving over during their conversation.

Riley hung up the phone and put down her salad as she walked to the door and let her in. "C'mon, lets go change" Avery said grabbing Riley's arm making Riley spin around as she was yanked up the stairs and into her room.

Avery had brought her bathing suit in her bag so she didn't need to borrow one of Riley's.

They had both gotten changed in Riley's room not caring to change in separate rooms since neither of them cared.

When Riley had finished putting on her black bathing suit Avery had been finished an was fixing her bathing suit in the floor length mirror.

When Avery looked up at Riley her eyes widened. "Ok first off, all that weight you lost, when straight to your boobs" She said slightly jealous.

Riley frowned as she looked I'm the mirror. Her bathing suit was a lot smaller now and her boobs were popping out. She tried to cover up as much as she could but it wouldn't work so she left it. "I know. I have no idea how they got so big! Its like they went through a growth spurt!"

Avery just laughed at her best friend before she grabbed her bag and motioned for Riley to follow her outside.

Once they got outside Avery immediately went to the hose to fill up water balloons while Riley sat on a lounge chair to tan.

Riley had only been tanning for at least 20 minutes when she felt something smack her head and water came all over her.

She sat up in shock looking at Avery who had been cracking up. Looking next to her there were two buckets each filled with water balloons, "That's your bucket. We're having a fight." Avery said as she started to throw the balloons at Riley. Immediately Riley had gotten up and ran to the bucket.

Riley had her back turned to the fence as Avery threw a water balloon at her. The two of them were soaked die to the fact they had been throwing watering back and forth and swimming in the pool.

When Avery had thrown the water balloon Riley didn't feel or hear it hit heard but something behind her as she heard a small 'Crap'.

When she turned around she covered her mouth in shock. The water balloon had hit the Alpha as him and everybody had been entering the back yard.

"Oh my god. I am so, so, so sorry Alpha" She heard Avery say slowly since she was in just as much shock as Riley was.

"I'm so sorry. That wasn't meant to hit you." Riley said.

Instead of him being mad he grinned largely. "Nah don't be Riley. It was a mistake and you guys were having fun it doesn't matter." He said as he laughed ruffling Riley's hair before walking into the house.

Avery came over to Riley as she gripped her arm and laughed quietly together.

"Hey looking good Riley. All though I think your bathing suit is kinda small but I don't mind." Mark said as he entered the backyard with the guys following behind him.

Riley instantly quieted down as she put her head down trying to cover up, her blonde hair covering her face.

Avery being the more confident of the two went in front of Avery to cover her from Mark. "Piss off Mark. Just leave her alone."

Mark mockingly stuck out his bottom lip and put his hand to his heart. "You wound me Avery."

Avery stood her ground "Piss. Off" She said again.

As Mark went to say something again Derek put a had on his shoulder "C'mon man. Walk away, we'll just go inside " Mark glared at Avery before grinning as he looked around to Riley.

"Bye Riley" He said teasingly as he and the idiots walked inside.

"You okay?" Avery asked once she turned back to Riley.

Riley forced a smile as she looked up at Avery.

"Yeah. Lets just go swimming."

Fortunately the boys didn't bother them again and Riley and Avery got to enjoy the rest of their day laughing about stupid shit.

+

Unknowingly Riley smiled a little bit in her sleep. She enjoyed dreaming about her time with Avery even though it brought back painful memories.

__________________________

Hey guys! So I wrote this in 2 days I hope it's long enough. I thought I would share some of Riley's old life.

Tell me if I should make another flashback chapter.

And guys please go check out a trailer that @NerdyWriters Made for me. It's not the official one buts its really great.

Just type in Your Mistake Wattpad Trailer in YouTube it's the first one and it has Chace Crawford as the cover thing. Go watch it!

(If you can't find it and you want to watch it just ask for the link!)

Hey if I make a trailer who should play who?

Sorry about any errors! Love ya guys!!

-k