Time to Myself

Third Person POV

The thunder made the house shake violently as the lightning struck and Riley sat awake on her bed.

She had the blankets tucked around her and was wearing basic yoga pants and a light sweatshirt. For summer it had gotten cold-ish and Riley, unfortunately was wide awake to endure the chilly storm.

Riley had to admit though, watching storms were amazing and she loved them. It was still dark out and it was only about 5 in the morning but she didn't mind. She was used to waking up early.

Riley had been reading 'A Want So Wicked' the sequel to her favorite book 'A Need so Beautiful' by Suzanne Young.

When she heard somebody shuffle Ito her room she shut her book and glanced towards the door looking past the curtains attached to her canopy bed. She saw that it was only a sleepy looking Dylan rubbing his eyes as he walked in only wearing boxers.

He was frowning as he plopped down raise Riley as she moved over to give him room.

"Why are you up so early? I can hear you in my room!" He said dramatically as he got under Riley's cover an made him self at home by snuggling up with her pillow.

Riley raised her eyebrows. "Dude I was just reading." She said confused on how she could be even remotely loud reading a book.

Dylan let out a long groan. "Yeah. Loudly!" He huffed out as he turned his head on the pillow to stare at her.

Riley rolled her eyes not bothering to argue with him since it would get them no where. Riley put her book on the side table before she went back under the covers facing Dylan on her side and she started stroking his hair not in a romantic way but in a friendly way.

But also in a weird obsessive way. She loved his hair.

"Your awake early. You never wake up early anymore. You said you need to sleep" Dylan said frowning in concern for his bet friend.

After all that's happened to her he was always concerned even when the smallest thing happened. He never wanted to see her sad she was his best friend.

Riley breathed in through her nose as she stopped stroking his hair and put her hand under her pillow. "Just some dreams that woke me up. Nothing bad."

Riley could tell that Dylan obviously knew she wasn't telling the while story but he left it knowing she didn't want to explain. "Okay. As long as you say so." Dylan said as his eye started to close and his mouth started to open a little.

Riley giggled quietly as she whispered to Dylan "Go to sleep. We're both tired."

Dylan nodded mutely before he let his eyes shut and sleep took over and Riley did the same hoping she could at least fall asleep for a few hours.

+

The next time Riley woke up Dylan had still been sleeping an she didn't want to wake him.

The sun was out but it was still dark and gloomy due to the storm last night. The little slip of sun had gotten into her room making her sweat so she took her sweatshirt off leaving her in a black tank top and she switched her sweatpants in for short red Sophie shorts.

She put her hair in a messy bun before she jogged downstairs to get a small breakfast.

She went straight to the large kitchen seeing that the boys were already in there eating as much as they could as her mom worked the stove.

"Morning Mom" She greeted her as she got a cup from the cabinet and filled it up with orange juice before stealing a piece of bacon from the plate.