Just A Day In The Life

The Foot Clan was the biggest and baddest evil clan in New York City. They were tough and fast, and well trained in the art of Ninjitsu. But then again, so was I.

I grinned as I jumped from roof top to roof top, a lilac purple mask covering my face. Purple gloves on my hands, a large staff on my back, black combat boots, black skinny jeans, black tee shirt and black leather jacket covering my body. Chasing after a few Foot Clan members through New York City. It was nearly midnight, and I knew I'd have to get home soon. Or I'd get chewed out by my sister. I pulled my staff off my back and held it tightly in my hands and used it to push off the edge of the ending roof, bouncing myself over to the next one. I laughed victoriously, my (H/c) pony tail swing around behind me.

I swung out my foot. Tripping one of the last members of the night. He stumbled across the roof and quickly regained his balance coming after me, jabbing his fists in my direction quickly. I used my arms and blocked each blow, before swinging my fist around, and clocking him in the jaw. Down he went and I just kept running like it was nothing. I looked all around for the other three but all I could hear was their screams.

I came to a halt, staff in hand, prepared for whatever or whoever was out there. I could hear whispers in the distance and I narrowed my eyes. I rolled to the side and quickly hid behind the apartment building rooftop entrance.

    "Whoa. This chick is a bad ass." I heard one whisper. He sounded pretty young to be honest.

    "She's even wearing your color, Donnie." Another voice chuckled followed by the sound of a slap and slight tumbling.

    "Hey!" One I presume who was hit, whined slightly.

    "Guys, we need to keep moving. Get back underground. Just because she was taking on Foot Clan members doesn't mean she's on our side. Low profile, no witnesses. We need to get back before Sensei." A deeper voice stated sternly, and yet gently all at the same time.

    "Looks, like she's gone anyways. Aw, man. I'd totally have given her my number!" The child like voice whined.

    "You wouldn't even stand a chance, bro." The deepest of the voices huffed.

    "Let's move." The second deep voice commanded.

I listened to them jump off the roof. I quickly rolled back out and ducked behind the lip of the roof top and peeked over. But there was no one in sight. I did see a spray painted sign, a symbol, that group of boys used as a calling card. We'd been seeing all over town. I took a picture and I sighed, before turning and running back the way I had come from.

I quickly jumped across the rooftops until I made it too my own and swung down onto the fire escape. I crawled over to my window and slowly lifted it so it wouldn't squeak or make any noise and climbed through. Peeling my mask off my face and breathing a sigh of relief. That was until my bedroom light flickered on.

    "Where on earth have you been?" My sister April exclaimed. I slowly turned to see her standing their with her arms crossed, tapping one foot impatiently.

    "Oh, uh, heyyy April. W-What are you doing in my room? (Yawn). Wow, thanks for waking me, but, uh, gotta catch some zzz's. You know, lots of work to do in the morning." I questioned her slowly, trying to fake my way out of being in trouble with a pretend stretch.

    "Oh, don't even try to play dumb with me. I just watched you sneak through the window." She scoffed and rolled her eyes. I put my arms down and rolled my eyes.

    "All right, ya caught me." I huffed and grabbed my pj's from my desk chair and headed out of my room and down the hallway.

    "Y/n! It's past midnight! I've warned you time and time again about going out there and doing this. You're not a vigilante!" April huffed and I rolled my eyes. "You have to stay hidden, you know this! What do you think would happen if someone saw you out there using your powers? Hmm?"