Shutting Down A Foot Clan Attack

"Ladies and Gentlemen please join me in welcoming NYPD's top benefactor, Eric Sacks!" The announcer said and the room erupted into loud claps and cheers. Eric walked onto the stage and to the podium.

    "Please, please, please. Sit down, sit down. I have to say it's so wonderful to see so many people out here tonight, especially in a neighborhood so hard hit but the Foot's crime wave. Years ago, my life was touched by tragedy. I was a young scientist working with a world class team on cutting edge research." Eric's eyes scanned the crowds.

I happened to walk up towards the cameras only to fin my sister standing their too. I rolled my eyes and tire to turn away, before feeling her hand grip my arm and pull me next to her.

"And our laboratory was attacked, set fire too, robbed, but the cowards that call themselves the Foot Clan. Several of my employees..." Eric's eyes met mine and April's and he paused for a moment. April's hand linked with mine and she gave it a tight squeeze knowing he was mentioning our father. "Lost their lives that day. And it is in their honor, in their memory, that Sacks Industries, whether through Sacks Biomed, Sack Robotics or Sacks Construction, will remain committed to keeping this city of New York, our city, safe."

The room erupted into thunderous applause.

    "So whenever someone takes flame to this city, I will be there to put the fire out. And that's a promise. Thank you. Thank you."

The room stood up and gave him a standing ovation for his speech. Eric left the stage and started to leave with his security. April and I both quickly caught up to him, stopping him for a moment.

    "Mr. Sacks. Y/n O'Neil and April O'Neil. You worked with our father." I said quickly as April grabbed his arm.

    "Oh, I can't believe it. I haven't seen either of you since..."

    "Since his funeral." April interrupted him with a smile. "It was a long time ago."

    "Yeah." He nodded, pursing his lips.

    "I just wanted to tell you that your words really resonated with me, and I hope that one day I can contribute to the city in the way that you do." I explained bashfully.

    "Well, it looks like you're doing a pretty good job. New York Times articles, very impressive. And April, Channel 6, also very impressive." Eric smiled at us both.

    "Uh, thank you." I nodded.

    "Yes, thank you. It isn't exactly everything I anticipated it would be." April explained.

    "As long as you are true to yourself, your father will always be proud of you. The both of you." Eric nodded at us both, placing a hand on both of our for arms.

    "Mr. Sacks, we have to be uptown at 7:00." One of his guards informed him.

    "I'll see you on tv, and I look forward to reading more of your articles." Eric shook both of our hands as he bid us goodbye.

    "I, uh, do you want a ride home? Vern's here." April said awkwardly after we were left standing alone.    

    "I-I was gonna skate home..." I shrugged.

    "In a dress?" April raised an eyebrow at me and my attire.

    "Uh, leg slit. Super comfortable and moveable." I told her pointedly as I showed her I could move. Making the both of us chuckle slightly.

    "Come on, you goon. Let's go." April held out her hand and I debated for a moment before grabbing it.

April hopped into the passenger side seat and I hopped into my usual spot in the back of the van.

    "I swear to god, Vern. If you peek back here while I'm changing. I'll melt your eye lids closed for the rest of eternity." I pointed at him as I started rummaging through my backpack. He gave me a wide eyed look and nodded quickly before returning his eyes back to the road.