A Race Against Time

Snow pushed itself over my body as I came to a stop. I burst through the snow and gasped looking over to see April, Vern and Leo all crashed over the edge.

    "April!" I screamed and ran towards the edge. I sighed in relief seeing Leo had stabbed the side of the cliff with his katana, lodging it in one of the cracks.

    "Oh, no. Poor Leo, April and that other guy." Mikey whined. "They were so young, so beautiful."

    "They ain't dead, numb nuts!" Raph slid quickly past Mikey over towards me.

    "Oh, right on." Mikey sighed in relief.

    "I hope you got a parachute under that shell!" Vern said nervously, clinging to Leo.

    "Hold on guys!" I called down to them.

    "Guys! It's the Maintenance hatch! Our ticket home!" Donnie called down to them.

    "A little help, please!" Leo grunted.

I closed my eyes and purple wisps gathered around my hands. I leaned over the edge, and Raph held my sides steady. The energy from my hands surrounded them and they floated up towards us, until I placed them down on the ground. A heavy breath left my body as my knees wobbled.

    "Whoa, steady there. That was awesome." Raph complimented catching me before I wobbled to far over.

    "Hey, thanks Big Red." I chuckled lightly and tapped his chest. Raph wasn't so bad after all.

    "Guys, we gotta hustle! Shredder's over New York City." Donnie told us.

Leo shook the snow off his body and looked around, seeing me in Raph's arm, dipped slightly. Gazing at each other, while chuckling about something. His heart pounded in his chest angrily.

    "Let's move." Leo demanded quickly. He gave April to Mikey, who was passed out in his arms. "Y/n, are you okay?" Leo asked quickly as he stomped over towards us.

    "I'm fine, Leo. A little light headed and frozen. But Fine." I said as I shivered from the cold.

    "Raph, you take Vern. Mikey, take care of April. And I'll take Y/n." Leo commanded and opened his arms for me to move towards him.

    "She's already with me. You take the old guy." Raph grunted placing me on my feet and behind him slightly.

    "This is not a fight right now, Raph. Just do as I say." Leo grunted back. Both boys began squaring up with each other, getting into another argument.

    "Wow, I feel the love." Vern huffed, rolling his eyes. "And I'm not that old."

    "We don't have time for this!" I huffed, throwing my hands in between them. "We need to get down this cliff and into that hatch to stop Shredder and save the city. So let's move!" I demanded harshly. "Jesus, boys and their raging testosterone!" I grumbled, walking away from them both and over towards Donnie.

I looked up at him and he looked at me curiously for a moment, before smiling smugly at his brothers in victory, scooping me up into his arms bridal style. Both Leo and Raph looked stunned, before snapping out of it. Donnie jumped and we slid down the safe side of the cliff down to the bottom, with all the others around us. Donnie placed me down momentarily until he opened up the hatch and scooped me up again and jumped inside.    

    "Whoo-hoo!" I laughed this time, as we slid down a watery pipe, like a water slide.

    Vern screamed down the pipe and April woke up in Mikey's arm.

    "Please keep your arms and legs inside the shell at all times." Mikey informed like a ride operator.

    "Satellite imagery shows Shredder's reached the top of Sacks Tower." Donnie called up to his following brothers.