Witnessing A Foot Clan Attack

"All right, I already called Joe and he got me Mr. Rivetti's phone number." I explained as we stopped on a bench near the docks.

    "Joe?" April questioned.

    "Yeah, Joe. My tech guy." I scoffed and pulled out my phone.

Skype rang for a minute before Mr. Rivetti's face pulled up onto the screen. He rolled his eyes and groaned.

    "We just wanted to follow up, Mr. Rivetti." I explained.   

    "Are you kidding me? H-How did you get my number?" He asked.

    "Not the point right now. If you could just let me ask one more question." I bargained softly.

    "I already told you. Listen, I already told you two everything I know about this crime, everything." He emphasized as he spoke.

    "Just wait, wait, wait." April begged.

    "Okay, you wanna know anything else, you go back down to the docks. You see my guy Stan. He'll tell you anything else you need to know, okay? And hey, do me a favor. Lose my number, all right?"

~~

Night fell, and April and I were heading home from the docks after meeting up with Stan. I skated along beside her doing small tricks on my board and she'd either cheer or roll her eyes at me. I flipped my board and cheered softly as I made the landing.

    "You used your powers." April said teasingly.

    "I did not! If I did, you'd have seen some purple wisps and shit. Or my eyes would have glowed. That flip was all me." I boasted proudly. I heard a metal clang in the distance and stopped myself and my board.

    "No, no, you definitely did. I saw." April teased further, but I quickly put my hand over her mouth. I held a finger up over mine and then pointed through the gates beside us.

    "Move out, next point! Go, go, go!" A voice shouted down below.

I moved my hand off April and pressed myself against the chain link fence. Turning my head to look past the tarps. I could see Foot Clan members stealing some stuff, probably more chemicals, down at the shipping containers. I was about to climb the fence to stop them when April grabbed the back of my jacket and held me there. Pulling out her phone and dialing someone's number.

    "Aw, come on." I groaned quietly.

    "Chris!" April said into her cell phone as someone answered her. "Chris, it's April." She whispered. "I'm at the docks... No, no, no, I need a camera crew..." She huffed and hung up her phone. I crossed my arms and stared at her.

    "How well did that work for ya?" I asked sarcastically.

    "Oh shut up. Come on, we need to get closer."

April road her bike down further before she quickly got off. I followed her on my skateboard and then picked up my board and dashed beside her. Thunder rumbled in the sky and then the rain started coming down on us. We stood behind the chain link fence closer to the containers that still had black tarp covering the other side. We both peeked through a small break in the tarp getting a closer look.

    "That ones loaded. Get it out of my way."

    "Copy that."