True Heroes

Karai turned around as April and Vern approached her from behind. She pulled out her blade and began slicing at April. She dodged each attack but flipped backwards accidentally over a crate.Vern tried to go at her with a punch only to have his hand grabbed and he was flipped over himself.    

~

    "Donnie!" Mikey grabbed the beacon from the ground and tossed it to him.

Donnie tossed out a drone into the air, attaching a cable to the beacon.

    "Drone! Got it!" Donnie called out, controlling the drone and began flying it out of the closing ship. "It's gonna be close!"

~

Donnie called upon April as she slammed as bar across Karai's face knocking her out. Casey slid into the room looking at the screen with Donnie on it.

    "Guys, now! Close the portal now!" Donnie demanded.

    "I got this." Casey nodded.

He charged at the device and swung around the pole in his hands. He stabbed it into the device and backed away as it sparked.
We all walked towards the edge watching it in anticipation, looking up as the light began to fade away from us. The drone barely made it out of the now closed ship and began flying it away. The metal pieces began to move again following after it.

    "Yes!" I cheered happily.

    "Yeah!"

    "Whoo!"

    "We did it!"

    "Ha-ha!"

They each cheered happily and we all high fived. We watched for a moment as the ship began to tear apart. Leo scooped me up and jumped onto an oncoming piece along with the others.

    "Whoo-hoo!" I cheered in his arms as we glided across New York City back towards the open portal hole in the sky.

    "Okay, this is our stop!" Leo yelled over the wind.

I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and he jumped off the flying piece of metal ship down towards the building below. He landed on the roof, tucking us closely together and rolling until we landed back on his feet. He placed me down carefully looking me over for a minute and I chuckled, tapping his cheek. Each of the boys followed after us and we all looked up at the disappearing mess in the sky.

    "Yeah!" We all cheered as the last piece disappeared out of sight.

Suddenly the portal closed and a burst of energy blasted out from it, blowing us all over. Each of us groaning slightly and getting back to our feet. Leo helped me back up.

    "Ouch." I groaned.

    "It's cool. It's cool." Mikey groaned.

    "Yeah, I knew that would work." Leonardo grinned at us all.

    "Oh, you just knew, huh?" I giggled.

    "Wait, you seriously thought us four teenagers and a young woman could save the whole world?" Mikey chuckled.

    "Sure." Leo nodded and wrapped an arm over my shoulders. "Guys, we got something that no one else has." He grinned and we all oo'd happily. Placing our hands in the center.

    "Turtle power!" Leo, Mikey and Donnie cheered as we lifted our hands.

    "Mutant power!" I cheered for myself.

    "Garbage truck!" Raph cheered and we all stopped and looked at him weirdly.

    "Garbage truck?" Leo and I questioned him together.