1

Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... basically all the really interesting people... and he booted them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is my hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No. Way. Out. 

Or so I thought. 

Hang on, you're about to meet us. 

But first this happened...

Ben's Pov:

I stood on a podium as my families tailor measured and altered the suit I was wearing, ready for my coronation. I stare out f the window out at the isle of the lost. Each time I stared out my heart ached. Villains or not, they were still my people. All those kids were innocent.

Once again I thought over my first proclamation and wonder what my parents would think. I must have moved too much as he tailor calls out "Sleeve. Head. Ah-ha!" as he turns my head back forward and I automatically correct my posture. Just then my parents walk in, arms linked. "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" my father, King Beast, says as he looks between my mother and I in disbelief.

"He's turning 16, dear." my mother, Queen Belle, says with a fond smile as she picks up a piece of clothing and folds it over her arm. "Hey, pops." I greet him only for him to speak over me by accident.

"16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." Pops claims and I internally wince knowing he was about to get into trouble if he didn't fix his response.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28." Mom says as she crosses her arms and looks at my dad with an offended yet challenging expression. "Ah, it was either you or a teapot." I chuckle to help ease the tension as dad turns to mom with a bright and somewhat cheeky smile "Kidding."

I take a steadying breath and step forward "Mom, dad..." I'm interrupted by thee tailor and instantly step back, not wanting to get poked with a needle. Again. I take another breath once more and try again. "I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon. Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" Father yells sounding enraged.  Take another calming breath trying to find my confidence to continue. I truly did believe in this idea and I wanted to see it through. These kids deserved a chance for something new. A chance to be believed in.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." I continue to explain as if my father hadn't interrupted. "Have you?" I instantly take a small step back at the tone of his voice. He only ever spoke like that when I was in trouble as a kid and it still made me feel like one hearing it now. 

"I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?" Mum places her hand on dad's arm in an attempt to calm him as she tries to refuse the tension that had been building. "Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen... The Enchantress and Maleficent." I spoke slowly until I got to the end where I had to say the last too names quickly.

"Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land! And the Enchantress, do you remember what she did to me? To our family?!" Father yells as he takes a step towards me. "Dad, just hear me out here!" I attempt to calm him as the tailor fell back in shock at me proclamation.

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." Dad says as he attempts to end this discussion here and now. But I wasn't going to give up on this so easily "Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?" The harshness in his features change and I know that I managed to convince him to change his mind. "I suppose their children are innocent." He says as he takes a step back and his body relaxes slightly. He places a kiss on my mum's head before walking out.

"Well, well done. Shall we?" Mum tells me looking proud as she straightens my tie and tucks a few strands of my hair back in place. I smile as she leaves and look out at the isle once more. this time feeling hopeful of a more united future.