4

The den, as Dad and I liked to call it, was an old abandoned mine system that reminded us a lot f the underworld with all its twists and turns. Mum silently follows me to my room while dad pours himself a drink before walking through the door way to the underworld, the small ember on my right thum. glowing for few seconds until the door is shut once more. The door was a large black marble door that had dads flame and fire pit carved into it 

Without saying anything mum starts pulling out a large duffle bag from her time before the isle. It was spelled to hold anything that was placed inside without becoming heavy. A charm that, thankfully, would still work outside of the barrier. We fill it with a few outfits and shoes along with enough statement pieces to make sure I could have different combinations of the same clothes.

I fill a separate bag with my toiletries and make up so nothing would spill on my clothes before adding it to the duffle bag. Mum even added in some of my more formal jewllery. I had never been given the chance to wear my crowns but I would have to now if I attended any formal or royal event. 

We were done within 30 minutes so we spent the rest of the time cuddled up on the sofa as she read to me. Something we had always done when I was little. "You should help your father for an hour, some last minute bonding time." she says in her usual soft tone as she runs her fingers through my hair. She redid my hair into a half up half down braid since I would have to wear some form of crown for my arrival into Auradon.

"Okay. You want to come with me?" I ask even though I already new the answer. "No thank you my little rose. I do however want you to take this to Auradon." She says as she pulls out her wand and spell book. I look at the wand in awe. No matter how many times I saw it I would always get struck by its beauty. It was made of a white gold with vines and an flowers that climbed up the length with random pieces of moonstone and rose quartz set in the flowers. 

I take it from her gentle hold and sigh as I sense the whisper of power that goes through me. A sure sign that the wand took a new owner. "When you leave the barrier tap the wand on your wrist three times and it will turn into a bracelet. When ever you need it just stroke one of the rose petals and it will form back." She says as she packs her sell book into my bag.

It was a bigger book then Maleficent's with a gold embellished cover with a white background and a clasp that locked the book from being opened by anyone other then us and anyone else in our bloodline. Honestly it was more like an old tome then a book. Something that used to be kept on a pedestal.

I quickly kiss her cheek before stepping into the underworld. Both the ember and my hair light up with the same bright blue flames that I inherited from my father. I sigh in contentment as the feeling of my power returns in full. I walk through the dark stone walled corridor, following the blue flamed torches all the way to my fathers office.

On the way I almost get tripped over by one of the puppies that Cerberus had recently birthed. The small three headed pup had the features of a rottweiler. I coo at the small fluffy creature as I scoop her up into my arms "Hello fluffy. How are you baby?" I talk in a baby voice that was only reserved for the cutest of animals, as I cuddle her to my chest. Her middle head snuggled under my chin while the other two rested on opposite shoulders. I press a kiss to each one as I continue on my way.

Dad smiles up at me as I walk into his office, the heavy skull encrusted door closing behind me. "You all packed my little pomegranate?" He asks as I set fluffy down on his desk. I hum in clarification as I debate whether or not to bring fluffy with me. At least until I remembered how damaging the sun would be for her and it would be less of a risk to leave her here with her siblings and Cerberus. 

I walk around the desk and take my seat on the throne like chair that was next to his own. They were almost identical in design except mine was slightly smaller with black roses and vines set into the boarder along with the blue metallic look that mirrored my fathers.