14

I make it to the pitch just in time to see the winning score. I cheer loudly at Jay who was finally using team work and seemed to be genuinely happy for once 

The announcers voice rings out barely being heard over the cheering that only seemed to be getting louder "He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn..." the announcer was interrupted by Ben who simply took the mic from him.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say." He pauses for a moment in the silence looking unsure of himself before he takes a deep breathe and continues "Give me an 'M'!"

"M!" the crowd shouted out using their bodies to form the letters like cheerleaders.

"Give me an 'a'!"

"A!"

"Give me an 'l'!"

"L!"

"What does that spell?" Ben shouts with a face splitting smile. "Mal!" The crowd shouts back and I turn my attention to the purple haired girl near me. 

"Come on, I can't hear you!" The crowd repeats themselves before Ben continues. "I love you, Mal! Did I mention that?"

"Give me a beat! Whoo!" Ben yells to the band. At this point with all the yelling I wondered why he even took the mic in the first place.

"Uno, dos, tres, quatro!" I hear Doug somewhere in the crowd and shake my head. 

"What was in that cookie?" The crowd was so loud I'm surprised I heard Evie and Mal. Wait. Cookie? Last night when they were in the kitchen, they were making cookies. Did she spell him?

♫ Did I mention ♫

♫ That I'm in love with you? ♫

♫ Did I mention ♫

♫ There's nothing I can do ♫

♫ And did I happen to say ♫

♫ I dream of you everyday ♫

♫ But let me shout it out loud ♫

♫ If that's okay-ay-ay (Hey!) ♫

♫ If that's okay (Hey!) ♫

♫ I met this girl that rocked my worldv

♫ Like it's never been rocked ♫

♫ And now I'm living just for her ♫

♫ And I won't ever stop ♫

♫ I never thought it can happen to a guy like me ♫

♫ But now look at what you've done ♫

♫ You got down on my knees ♫

♫ Because my love for you is ridiculous ♫

♫ I never knew (Who knew?) ♫

♫ That it can be like this ♫

♫ My love for you is ridiculous ♫

♫ My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S! (R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!) ♫

♫ It's (RIDICULOUS!) ♫

♫ Just (RIDICULOUS!) ♫

♫ And I would give my kingdom for just one kiss ♫

♫ Well, did I mention... ♫

♫ That I'm in love with you ♫

♫ And did I mention ♫

♫ There's nothing I can do ♫

And did I happen to say? ♫

♫ I dream of you everyday ♫

♫ ♫ But let me shout it out ♫

♫ If that's okay-ay-ay (Yeah!) ♫

♫ If that's okay ♫

♫ I gotta know which way to go ♫

♫ C'mon gimme a sign ♫

You gotta show me that ♫

♫ You're only ever gonna be mine ♫

♫ Don't want to go another minute ♫

♫ Even without you ♫

♫ That's if your heart just isn't in it ♫

♫ I don't know what I'd do. ♫

♫ Because my love for you is ridiculous ♫

♫ I never knew (Who knew?) ♫

♫ That it can be like this ♫

♫ My love for you is ridiculous ♫

♫ My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S! (R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!) ♫

♫ It's (RIDICULOUS!) ♫

♫ Just (RIDICULOUS!) ♫

♫ And I would give my kingdom ♫

♫ For just one kiss ♫

♫ C'mon now! ♫

♫ Because my love for you is ridiculous ♫

♫ I never knew (Who knew?) ♫

♫ That it can be like this ♫

♫ My love for you is ridiculous ♫

♫ My love is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S! (R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!) ♫

♫ It's (RIDICULOUS!) ♫

♫ Just (RIDICULOUS!) ♫

♫ And I would give my kingdom ♫

♫ For just one kiss ♫

♫ C'mon now! ♫

"I love you, Mal! Did I mention that?" Ben finishes as he now stands in front of Mal in the stands with his free hand on her hip.

Audrey storms over dragging Chad behind her before she takes the mic "Chad's my boyfriend now! And I'm going to the coronation with him. So I don't need your pity date." She practically shoves the mic into Ben's chest before kissing Chad. I hold make a gag and Alex appears beside me making me jump slightly. 

"Hey you. Didn't think you would make it." He says as his arm comes up to rest around my waist like it was the most natural thing in the world. "I almost didn't. The dead have been a pain to deal with all morning."

"You okay now?" We enter our own little bubble as we speak to each other. "Yeah, Just a little over whelmed." I respond as I lean into his side. Enjoying the warmth he provided. I smile to myself as I feel him cup his hand over my ear while the other was pressed against his chest. I hum out a thanks now that the noise was duller than before.

"Anytime Darlin'." I enjoy the moment for a little while longer before coming back to reality to hear Jay pull Ben away to the others as the announcer calls out through an extra mic "What a victory. What a day for the Auradon knights, finally winning back the trophy after so many years! And there he is. Jay, the most valuable player. How do you like that?"

"Lets get out of here. You owe me a library date." Alex says with a smirk before pulling me along with him gently. He weaves us through the crowd and back into the school as we laugh at each other. We make it to the library and quickly grab our books from before and sit in the giant armchair before snuggling down into each others arms and continue from where we left off. 

No words needing to be said as we simply enjoyed each others company.