10

Once classes were finished Carlo and Jay were out on the field practicing while Evie and Mal hung out in their room. I had finished putting my things away when there was a knock on the door. "Enter" I called out as cleared away my desk.

The door opens slowly and Jane peeks her head through meekly. I give a comforting smile and she relaxes a little as she comes in. She looks around at my room in awe, mouth wide open. "Wow. Your room looks amazing. Totally love the gold and green."

"Thank you. Now I am sure you are wondering why your here. I noticed earlier with Mal that you were uncomfortable with how you look. I won't change your physical appearance, but I figured I could help you find a style that suits you better and makes you feel more comfortable." I tell her as we both sit down at the window seats.

"You would really do that?"

"Of course. Confidence and self love are the greatest features after all. We will start with your dress. Its too boxy for your figure and looks a bit too mature for you. Try this." I get up and pull a pale blue dress from my closet for her. I made it earlier and knew it would be perfect for her. The dress had elbow length sleeves that ended in a slight frill and low v neck line, that would show off her pick bow necklace. It was sinched at the waist before flowing out to just above the knee. 

I hold it up for her to see and walk closer. As I do a small circular white and gold platform raises from the ground. I motion her to it and she steps up onto it. I stroke one of the roses on the wand and it quickly transfigures back to its original shape. With a slight flick the dress appears on Jane while her old dress materializes on the hanger. She looks at herself in the full length mirror in front of her and gasps.

"Bibity-bobity. I actually look beautiful" I see tears welling up in her eyes so I take one of her hands in mind. "Of course you do. you always have been. You just needed to make your style match. One more detail." I say and she looks at me confused before I point to her shoes. I flick my wand in a circular motion a gold light forms in a glittering tendril before it coils around her shoes, they glow a bright gold and when the light fades a pair of low heeled pale blue sandals take place of her old shoes.

 I flick my wand in a circular motion a gold light forms in a glittering tendril before it coils around her shoes, they glow a bright gold and when the light fades a pair of low heeled pale blue sandals take place of her old shoes

"Perfect." I say and leave her to continue admiring her appearance before folding up her old dress and place it inside of a box along with the heels. The box was a deep green with gold gilding along the edges along with my mother signature rose in the centre. 

I gasp when I'm suddenly tackled into a hug. I chuckle and hug her back before giving her the box. "Here. I figured you might still want to keep them incase the have any sentimental meaning to you." Thank you so much. I'm going to go talk to Mal about what mom said earlier. Want to come with me?"

"Sure" I shrug and we both leave my room. I lock the door behind me and turn the wand back into a bracelet. We make it to Mal and Evies room and walk in since the door was open and Evie waved to us excitedly from her sewing machine. "Wow, Jinny. I love then dress."

"It's Jane. and thanks Enchantria gave it too me. She helping me improve my style. Also, Mal I tried doing what you said but Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within", then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane says before she flops onto Mal bed, her box on top of the purple covers next to her.

"Auradon." Mal comments dryly from Evie's bed as she reads through her mother spell book. I sit down on the ottoman at the end of Mals bed and look to Evie when she speaks up "do you like?"

"Love. It brings out your eyes." I complement the blue and black leather dress Evie was currently making. She smiles happily before turning the sewing machine back on. "I know."

"I'll never get a boyfriend." Jane groans from the bed as if Evie and I hadn't spoken. "Boyfriends are overrated." Mal comments not once looking up from the spell book. "And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one." Evie stats sassily and I can't help but chuckle at the slightly offended look on Mals face. 

"It's 'cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time."

"I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." Evie rushes around the room panicked before grabbing a large cream backpack. She sits down at the desk and pull out a bunch of textbooks. "Why are you doing Chands homework?" I ask as I stand up and walk over to her chair. "So we can hang out."

"Okay. No. Not happening." I say as I grab all of the text books and shove them back into the bag ignoring Evie's protesting. She tries to snatch the books out of my hands but i slap her hand away. "Bad Evie. We don't change the affection of guys who just want to use us." I say as I throw the bag away from me. It disappeared mid air with a quick spell and I smirk knowing that it would slam into Chads face soon, hard enough to knock him off his feet.

Evie pouts and I play with her hair to cheer her up. "Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan? No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?" a girl with short black hair and pink and blue Chinese inspired design silk dress.

"Why would I do that for you?" Mal asks finally looking away from her book. "I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie says as she holds up a small pouch that jingled slightly. 

"Good answer. I need to buy more material. Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights." Evie jumps up and snatches the pouch before listing all the things that could be done to Lonnie's hair. I shake my head in amusement a sit back down on the ottoman.

Lonnie shakes off Evie's suggestions and turns back to Mal "Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's." Her words cause Mal to snap her head up her attention no longer on the sketch she was working on. "Really?" the purple haired girl asks in disbelief.

"The split ends, too?" Evie retorts with a smirk and tilts her head to the side. I chuckle and brush my hair back away from my face.

Mal grabs her spell book and flips to the correct page "Okay... "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair." she flicks her finger side to side then up and down drawing a plus sign in the air. Lonnie's short black hair twinkles with green and white before her hair morphs to long loose curls the colour of oak. I snap my fingers silently and add in a few low lights to bring the brightness now a little. Lonnie moves to stand in front of the mirror completely speechless and goes to play with the curls, she stops before she could touch them. As if afraid she would damage them.

"I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it..." Evie starts in a soothing tone. mistaking Lonnie's silence as a bad sign. the newly styled warrior stops Evie from continuing "No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it."

"You do?" I glare at Evie before nodding my head slightly to Mal and she quickly corrects herself realizing that Mal was still learning magic and that she should be encouraged to use it. "Of course you do

"It's just... " Lonnie trails off before looking over her appearance. Suddnely, she grabs two sides of her skirts and pulls harshly, ripping the side seem by a few inches. "Now I'm cool."

"Like ice." Mal comments as the rest of us look on in slight show. That was unexpected. Jane walks over to the mirror as if in a trance and does the same to the dress I just gave her. The moment she registers what she did her hands fly to her mouth and she gasps loudly. "What did I just do? this is a new dress! I am so sorry Tria" I wave off the ravenette and quickly fix her skirt. 

"Its fine Jane. You don't need to rip your clothes to be cool. If you want to look like the kids from the Isle just wear leather."