13

The others and I stood  by our lockers as Mal and I put our books away. I few girls behind us called out to Mal. "Hi, Mal! Love my hair, Mal!" Mal smiles and waves at them in return and Jay leans against the locker between us.

"Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, It's not so bad here, you know." Jay says almost shyly and I smile knowing the others were starting to love this place and realize they aren't their parents and have a mind of their own. The thoughts were shattered though by Mals response "Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!" She snapped her fingers in front of Jays face harshly and he flinches before looking relived "Thanks, Mal. I needed that."

"Hey, sis. Do you think we can make brownies today? I heard they are made with chocolate." Carlos asks as he comes up next to me and takes one of my fidget rings off my left hand to play with. "Of course we can pup. I'll even do a layer of melted chocolate on top." I say happily and his face almost splits in two with his grin.

"Do you think they actually paid for those?" I hear Audrey's voice speak up from the end of the lockers that wasn't that far from us. 

"Oh, hello. The name's Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight? Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal." Jay flirts with a few girls behind me but I ignore him and choose to listen to the others.

"She did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it." Audrey says again and I see Alex roll his eyes from the corner of mine

"What's the harm?" Ben claims soundly like a confused puppy.

"It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know It's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?" Someone needs to give that girls a wake up call.

"Listen, Audrey..." Ben tries to speak up only for Audrey to speak over him, Again. Honestly I don't understand why nothing is done about it. I would never allow someone to speak over me. It was a blatant show if disrespect.

"I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay? Bye, Bennyboo." Audrey does some over dramatic air kiss before leaving.

"Hey, Bennyboo!" I bite back a smile when Ben jumps at Mal's voice. Carlos gives me back my ring just as Alex comes over. "Morning my Queen." I blush deeply at his words and he places a kiss on my temple. Carlos looked shocked at the interaction but smiled when he saw how happy I am. The nickname was unexpected but made my heart flutter. 

"Morning" I say, my voice barely above a whisper in my flustered state. He smirks at my reaction and I want so badly to step on his toes. "Are you free tonight?"

"No, I'm doing some baking with Carlos" I inform him and Carlos jumps in. "You can join us if you want" He practically shouts. "Sorry, It's just you can tell me more about Auradon. And I was wondering if the three of us could hang out." 

I coo at my adorable brother and ruffle his hair. "Sure thing. I would be honored" Alex says before pulling me away for class and we both wave to Carlos. Alex took my hand in his as we walk together. even thou we had different classes we were down the same corridor so he liked to walk me to mine. 

"So how did you and Carlos meet? You have a pretty strong sibling bond." Alex questions and I smile. "I saved him. He was running away from these kids who were twice his size, stole something of theirs to try and build a radio. He slammed right into me, knocked us both to the ground. After I scared off the others I took him back home and patched up his injuries while mum and dad gave him food. Claimed he was too skinny and needed fattening up. We've been attached at the hip since."

Alex listened intently as squeezed my hand softly. "Well, I'm glad he has you. He seems like a good kid."

"He is. One of the kindest you will ever meet. He's my little brother in everything but blood." We come to a stop out side of my class room and he places a kiss on my temple "I'll meet you later in the library." He says before leaving. I wave when he turns back to me making him smile. I had a feeling the Library would become a frequent meeting spot for us. I walk into class only to have to walk right back out again as Pain and Panic appear in front of the class making the others scream. 

I chuckle at the sound and motion the two demons to follow me. After a small talk and a note to Fairy Godmother I end up spending the lesson time corresponding back and forth with dad as we try to fix and issue with the fates. Apparently Kronos kept attempting to leave Tartarus which in turn was upsetting the dead which was bothering Uncle Thanatos.

A/N 

I see Alex as Timothee Chalmette.

and Tria as Julianne Hough