[2] Pregnancy Problems And A Crazy Ex

"A mother's love is something
That no one can explain.
It is made of deep devotion
And of sacrifice and pain."

What if that pain is too much to bear? What if it made you fall into an endless hole? Would you give up on all possibilities of hope... or would you let the pain take control?

~Glory~

I woke up and immediately threw up over the side of the bed.

Frankly, having a headache and needing to pee wasn't bad enough, because what's worse is the little demon living inside of me. To my surprise, there was already a trash can right where I threw up with a little note that said,

You're welcome <3

~Your one and only~

I grinned, happy I didn't need to clean up a mess I'm totally not responsible for. What happened last night? This headache is killing me. I staggered up and noticed I was in my red sleeping gown, and I know for a fact I wasn't wearing that to the dinner last night.

What even happened last night?

I tumbled out my room and glumly peered out into our kitchen. I saw my mother, Grandeur, opening a package she had ordered.

"Still hung over?" she asked carefully, not looking at me. The thought came to me that I was most definitely drunk last night and my mother knew. Oh, no. She knew. What happened last night? Now I was just scared. Am I even allowed to drink wine when I'm pregnant?

"Uh... Yeah." I joined her in the kitchen and sat down on our couch, rubbing my forehead.

"Glory." Her voice boomed, causing my heart to literally slam against me. "You were drunk!"

"I'm quite aware," I mumbled.

"That is by far the most irresponsible thing you have ever done—aside from marrying such a hooligan." She aggressively tore open the package. I internally flinched. "You have to stop seeing him—he's such a bad influence, and by no means will I let you-"

"Just... stop? Okay? I made my own choices. Heck, he was like the only one sober last night. I'm not a little kid anymore." My usual calmness was slowly starting to fade. "I'm a grown ass woman, for heaven's sake. Stop trying to control me, 'cause it ain't working."

"Glory." Grandeur was now visibly angry as she tried to get her emotions back into a peaceful manner. "You'll regret that choice. I'm only trying to help you. This isn't Romeo and Juliet. This is real life, and your love life is not yours to decide. So when you realize that I am right and you are wrong, you can come back."

"W-what does that mean?" I was suddenly standing, despite the dizziness. "A-are you kicking me out?"

"Goodbye, Glory, goodbye."

"*"

I angrily marched over to room 194, aka, Qibli's room. We all lived in the same apartment since that's all our parents could afford after the war. Sunny, Riptide, Clay, Starflight, Peril, Scarlet, etc etc, were all in a different state dealing with their own problems. Over the last four years, we had visited Sunny and our other friends, but recently not as often.

The only reason Sunny wasn't with us is because she moved in with her boyfriend, Meerkat, two years ago all the way in Hawaii. Kind of annoying.

I was surprised when I realized his door was locked, since we all usually keep our doors unlocked so we could just barge in whenever we wanted to. So I had no choice but to knock on his room door and impatiently wait there. About half a minute passed until I heard feet pattering and the door creaked open. Moon was standing there is one of Qibli's huge hoodies.