[3] Hospitalizing Jealousy

"Sometimes it comes,
Sometimes it goes,
The flame of my heart,
The flame of my soul."

What if that flame in your heart was suddenly inflamed incredulously? And what if your soul was inflamed with something new called jealousy? Would you beat down the jealousy until you are no longer full of greed, or would you let that jealousy grip your throat until you are unable to breathe?

~Qibli~

Frankly, being called to the hospital at 7 PM was not exactly how I'd plan a good Sunday night. In fact, I was expecting to spend the night watching movies with my girlfriend, but no. Driving to the hospital was quite interesting, actually. We got pulled over for going way past the speed limit twice, and the second time, Tsunami told the cop that we didn't give two fucks, so that almost gave us a third ticket right there, but I managed to talk to cops out of it by telling them our situation.

But finally, we actually made it, no problemo. I knew it had something to do with Glory, but I didn't know the details. Glory and I weren't as close as she and Moon were, but we did have history to have been "dating," or whatever.

We probably looked like a bunch of tourists just randomly barging into a hospital like that. Tsunami march up to the front desk and slammed both her hands on the table.

"What room is Glory being held in?" She immediately demanded. I facepalmed as the nurses gave her a look. I mean, who wouldn't?

"Ma'am, you and your... friends need to wait in line like everybody else," the nurse said. Tsunami yelled in frustration before jumping over the counter and snatching the clipboard. Everyone quieted and watched the action unfold. I facepalmed. Again. I grabbed Tsunami's arm and dragged her back, but when I did, she already had the clipboard in her hands with a victorious smile.

Suddenly, three guards hauled Tsunami up and started putting her in handcuffs. Sapphire gasped. My jaw dropped. Moon started attacking the guards. Kinkajou looked horrified. Winter and Icy both raised their eyebrows simultaneously. Turtle staggered back.

"Wait, wait, wait," I quickly said to the guards on Tsunami. "I swear, she didn't mean any harm, she was just—"

"They're with me."

Everyone all stopped moving to turn and look at this dude with pale blue hair, almost white. "Sorry, the one with blue hair's a little feisty," he explained. "She has a medical illness." He added with a whisper. I felt something press onto my back and realized it was Moon hiding behind me.

"What—" I started but Moon shushed me and crouched lower. This is totally normal. Yeah, totally normal for Moon to be scared. Nothing wrong at all.

"I'm Leopard. I was the one who found Glory. She was so helpless. She was begging me to help her right before she passed out, and being the good guy I am, I did."

"What medical illness?!" Tsunami suddenly demanded. "Man, I swear to God, I'll seriously—"

The cops unhand-cuffed Tsunami before taking a step back at the raging bull.

"You guys want to see Glory? Follow me."

Tsunami scoffed in the officers' faces before huffing and marching forward.

"You definitely handled that well," I stated sarcastically.

"Let me get to know you all," Leopard started. His name sounded familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"I'm not telling you shit about me," Tsunami said.

"That's Tsunami," Turtle said right as Tsunami said that, then cowered when she sent him a deadly glare.