[21] Love Me

(So, I know this chapter is quite random, but I wanted to clarify a few things. So that's basically why this chapter exists. Also, this is after Winter left, so yeah)

"I swear, I'm not lying,
I truly love you.
Now all I want to be
Is loved by you."

What if all you ever wanted was to be loved by your mother? What if that chance finally came? Would you fall to your knees and beg for forgiveness, or would you step up and take the lead of aim?

~Glory~

I was sitting down on our bed, decorations for the gender reveal sprawled across the sheets. Deathbringer should be home any second now, given the fact I just saw his car back into the parking lot. He had asked me to wait until he got home to start, so there I was, waiting patiently as I tapped a rhythmic beat on my stomach.

My phone suddenly vibrated. I checked my phone and noticed it was a text from an unknown number saying "Hi." I knew better than to answer an unknown number and was about to block it when it sent me a picture.

It was of me and Qibli, sitting on my bathroom floor kissing.

Or, it seemed we were kissing.

But I never kissed Qibli. I would never do that to Deathbringer.

I noticed the bottles of pills scattered across the bathroom floor and realization hit me. That was when Qibli caught me about to commit an abortion and gave an exaggerated speech about why I shouldn't. And there was only one person who saw that.

Greatness. I knew she had taken a picture of us.

I did not hear Deathbringer's footsteps coming toward the bedroom, and I only had a split second to react as I shoved my phone under my pillow just as he walked through the door.

He skeptically raised an eyebrow, definitely noticing my failed attempt to be discreet.

"Hey," I quickly said when he opened his mouth to say something. "Gonna join me?"

He dropped his keys on his nightstand, placed his briefcase on the floor, and crawled onto the bed next to me.

"Hey," Deathbringer whispered as I forced a smile. "So... What'cha doin'?" He glanced at the decorations for the gender reveal before looking at my pillow.

I quickly pressed my hand on the pillow and leaned closer to try to distract him.

It definitely worked.

"Waiting for you," I murmured, thankful Deathbringer gets distracted easily.

Like, scary easy.

I reached over, cupping his face with one hand as he slowly inched closer.

"Well, I'm here now," he said, inching a little closer. I pulled his face until the gap between our lips was nonexistent. He didn't hesitate to kiss me back, taking my face in his hands and eventually taking control.

"Mmf," I said as I broke away. He stared at me, and I stared back. He started leaning in again but I pulled away. "Wait, wait."

"Hm?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I stood up and crawled off the bed, walking towards my desk.

"I was thinking about something recently," I said, digging through my purse. "And I managed to find a file of someone."

"Yeah?" Deathbringer said expectantly. "On who?"

"This woman named Pear," I said, sliding him the file. He opened it and flipped through it with an interested hum. "I was wondering if you could find her for me."