[15] Trigger

"A path is laid out ahead,
It forks before your feet.
A decision filled with dread,
Uncertain of what you'll meet."

What if that forked path leads to the same outcome? What if there's no right answer? Would you pick at random or would you become a chancer?

~Glory~

"Good morning, Glory," Deathbringer greeted as I walked into the kitchen, just having an arousing.

"Morning?" I said in a confused tone as I watched him struggle to make breakfast. "What are you doing?"

"Making breakfast for my lovely wife," he said with a cheeky grin. "Why?"

"Isn't today another work day for you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Canceled it," he said with a shrug, now suspicious. I narrowed my eyes.

"Why?" I demanded.

"Can't a husband cook for his wife once in a while?" He asked, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes with a scoff. I walked over to the counter and leaned onto it.

"'Kay, but that's not how you cut pepper," I said skeptically.

"*"

"That's not Moon's blood... is it?" Deathbringer asked, seeming horrified.

"I'll take a sample and run a DNA test," Qibli said. "I'll stay here to do so. You guys should go after Moon."

Deathbringer and I glanced at each other, before I nodded, and vice-versa.

"*"

"So, now there's a rule on how to cut peppers?" Deathbringer said with a grin. I gave him an exasperated sigh.

"Yes. There is." I walked over to where he was standing and slid the knife out of his hand. "Watch how the pros do it."

Just as I was about to start leading an example, our front door swung open. Moon barged into the room, startling me enough to cause me to accidentally cut at my palm. I dropped the knife on the counter with a hiss.

"A knock wouldn't have hurt," I said, glaring at Moon.

"So that's how the pros do it?" Deathbringer asked skeptically.

"Shut up and get me my medic kit." I walked over to the sink and rinsed my hand out with warm water, briefly wincing.

"Sorry, Glory, but I need Deathbringer right now," Moon said. "Plus, you're a doctor. You know what you're doing." Before I could say anything, Moon walked over to Deathbringer and dragged him out of the room.

"*"

"She should be close," I pointed out. "The blood is still fresh." We all were very quietly sneaking through the valley.

"Good point," Deathbringer said with a nod in my direction before stopping. "Glory, you should stay. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"So, what?" Tsunami asked. "Do you not care if something happens to me?"

"Well..." Deathbringer started and I sent him a glare. "Ch–yeah, no, of course. But, uh, Glory? Hell no. You stay here, mm-kay?"

"Okay, just because you prioritize me above everyone, doesn't mean you get to decide what my next move is," I scoffed. "I'm coming."

Deathbringer sighed. "Here's a taser, Glory," he said, tossing me a taser that I caught with one hand, glaring at him. "Just in case you need to defend yourself. Go back to Qibli."