[26] When You Least Expect It

Last chapter y'all... 😔

"I'm all I have,
I don't need help.
Stop bothering me,
you've done worse than I've dealt."

What if your past is haunting you? What if it is mercilessly taunting you? Would you seek help for this situation, or would let it attack you when you least expect it to?

~Moon~

Qibli had found that box a day ago.

We hadn't talked about it, but it was clear we were both consistently thinking about it.

I woke up in the late afternoon because I didn't get much sleep the night previous. I sat up the second I was awakened, staring blankly at the sheets. I just sat there in pure silence.

"'Morning," Qibli's voice whispered, but I didn't even look up at him. I sighed and flopped back down onto the bed, pulling the blanket up to my chin. My back faced Qibli as I waited for him to leave.

I let my eyes flutter shut as I heard Qibli's footsteps stalk closer. "So... Are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?"

"What elephant?" I mumbled. There was a moment of silence that followed.

"Moon, I didn't realize how bad–" Qibli started, but I didn't hesitate to interrupt him.

"It's fine, Qibli. I don't really care about it anymore anyway," I grumbled, trying to get myself off the hook.

"But I know how hard something as traumatic as–" Qibli continued as he sat down on the bed beside me.

"Qibli, I said I'm fine," I growled. "I don't want to talk about it."

I actually did want to talk about it, but not with Qibli. I wanted to talk about it to someone who understood me.

Deathbringer.

His name instantly crossed my mind, but he had his own problems at that moment. He was going to become a father, for God's sake. Who gave me the right to remind him of all of our childhood problems? He's having kids, and I don't want them to grow up having Daddy issues.

"But, Moon," Qibli said in an empathetic tone. "If you need help letting it go, I–"

"Qibli, I said I don't want to talk about it!" I yelled, sitting up. He stared at me, searching my face. "I'm fine, okay? Stop worrying about me."

"Have you ever considered therapy?" Qibli finally asked. "It could... really help."

I frowned, looking up at him. "I'm fine. Seriously, Qibli, leave me alone."

Qibli seemed to notice the demand in my voice so he raised his hands in defeat. "Okay, fine. It's your choice, not mine."

I pushed the blanket off of me and stepped off the bed onto the floor. "I'm going to get ready," I said, making my way in the direction of the bathroom.

"*"

Alright, so, pink, pink, blue," Kinkajou said, holding up three balloons. "You know, because they're having two daughters and one son."

We were planning a party at Glory's house while both Glory and Deathbringer were at the hospital. Glory was giving birth that day, and only one of us was allowed to stay to watch (Deathbringer), so the rest of us planned a surprise party for them.

And we were doing it in their apartment room because after Glory gives birth, she's going to be tired and want to be in bed for a while.

Yes, we're celebrating around her bed. It's normal.