4. 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀; 𝘾𝙇𝙄𝘾𝙃𝙀 & 𝙎𝙒𝙀𝙀𝙏 𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙎

It was a Saturday night and you had stayed up for the majority of the late hours, not being able to fall asleep as you were very interested to know more about this Mysterion person that Karen had mentioned earlier. Though there weren't many articles about him. Just the occasional pictures taken by journalists and news footage.

There was no biography on this hero, but you could've sworn that you have seen him before. There was just something about Mysterion that seemed familiar and somehow familiar to you. It bothered you, though you can't figure out exactly why.

You rolled your eyes at the thought that you were starting to become obsessed with this stupid guy that you barely even know.

After a while of searching the web you realized that it started getting a bit chilly hence your window being opened so when you got up and turned around to go close it, you saw Kenny standing in front of it. You could only stare at him in shock. "Kenny? Wh-" You started to say but he interrupted. "Can I stay with you? My parents are fighting..." Kenny replied, averting his gaze from yours.

"Of course, babe, but how did you get in?" You asked as you closed your window and locked it, your gaze returning to him. "I climbed the tree by your window." He simply answered. You raised a brow at the comment. Of course, he would climb a tree to sneak into your room.

"C'mere baby." You cooed, pulling him into your arms. Your heart fluttered slightly when he wrapped his arms around your torso. "Can we cuddle in bed?" Kenny requested and without thinking, you nodded your head in agreement.

"Okay, come on." You grabbed Kenny's hand and the two of you laid down on your bed. Kenny wrapped his arms around you tightly and nuzzled his face against your neck affectionately.

"Is everything okay, Kenny?" You questioned after he didn't respond for a few minutes. "Everything is fine now that I'm with you." He muttered against your skin. "C'mon Ken, tell me what happened." You urged, gently rubbing his back with your hand. Kenny sighed.

"Dad had a little bit too much to drink." He mumbled. "What?" You asked surprised. "He got really angry and said a lot of nasty things...I don't think mom understood most of those things since she's just as drunk as him." Kenny continued, continuing to hold you close to his chest.

"You poor thing." You whispered, placing a kiss on top of his head. Kenny then tightened his grip around your waist and buried his head deeper into your neck. This action caused your body to react. You felt butterflies taking over your stomach and a warm sensation spreading throughout your body. It was a good feeling.

You weren't used to feeling such things. Especially ones that made you feel safe and secure. You were afraid of what might happen if someone ever hurt you or Kenny.

You didn't want your feelings to affect your relationship because you both loved each other. That's all you wanted, Kenny loved you too much to ever break up with you and he would never intentionally hurt you.

But sometimes, you couldn't help but wonder if this feeling was real. If he loved you and truly cared for you as much as you cared for him. After all, there was nothing else you would rather do in life than be by his side, supporting him and helping him through anything that was happening to him. And you loved him so, so much.

So, this is love? Huh, what a strange new feeling to have. You weren't used to such feelings as love was new to you.

You were so focused on Kenny that you had almost forgotten about Mysterion until you decided to bring it up. "Hey Ken, do you know anything of this Mysterion guy Karen talked about yesterday?" You asked, turning your attention to the boy currently lying on top of you. Unbeknownst to you, this boy was Mysterion but he wanted to keep that a secret. For now, at least.