Trial of Marriage

The second main character, Angelic , is pronounced (an-gel-leek).  Enjoy:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Trey and Angelic Moretti laid in bed still sound asleep as the bright morning sun started to descend into the room. It was 8:00 a.m., Saturday morning, and the alarm clock had just gone off.

“Trey…Trey,” Angelic sleepily repeated, as she shook him. They would be leaving soon for the airport and he needed to get ready.  Today her in-laws would be flying in to visit.

“Uhmm, yeah I know, just give me a second,” he moaned. “Where did this week go? I’ve hardly had a chance to do anything around here because of my heavy work load. Ange, do you think we’ve covered all the bases? I want the house to be perfect for my parents’ visit this week.”

Angelic looked at her husband in silence and instead of a replying with what she really wants to say, she opted instead with a simple, “Don’t worry, everything is fine,” she slipped out of bed and descended downstairs to start breakfast.

Angelic Moretti was a pretty girl with chocolate silky skin and shoulder length hair, but very petite and curvaceous for her 5’3” frame. The day Trey saw her, his heart skipped a beat and he knew that she was the one to be his wife.

Angelic could hear the water from the shower, “Please don’t let this week seem like an eternity,” she mumbles to herself. Standing in front of the refrigerator she grabs up her ingredients. “I’m the one who does everything in this house. I can’t believe he even had the audacity to ask if we covered all the bases. There’s no we in anything that gets done around here anymore, it’s either I take care of it or it won’t get done,” she thought, standing over the stove scrambling some eggs.

When Trey and Angelic met, she was 21 years old, and worked as an Administrative Assistant at a non-profit foundation. Trey on the other hand was a very successful lawyer at the young, tender age of 26. It took Trey five years to make partner, which is also how long he courted Angelic. The same day he received his good news, he proposed to her.  The fact that he was spanish/italian and she was african american was no barrier at all and his parents simply loved Angelic.  It was no surprise to anyone that they were married 6 months later. It’s only been two years into their marriage but at the ripe age of 28 Angelic had already started to feel like a rundown wife.

Angelic’s thoughts drifted back and forth. “I’m standing here deep in thought while my food is about to burn. I better hurry before he comes down,” she thought to herself, as she removed the bacon from the skillet.

Trey walked into the kitchen just minutes after Angelic placed their breakfast plates on the table. “Wow, everything smells so good Ange!”

“Thank you.” She notices that he seemed very chipper this morning.

“It shouldn’t take me long to get ready. I already have my clothes laid out. Oh, by the way, the new tie you asked me to pick up is laid out on the dresser. Did you see it?”

“Yes I did. Hey Ange, do you think next time after purchasing a new tie you could run the iron over it with a little starch please. It’s not as crisp as I like.”

“Sure,” said Angelic, trying not to sound too irritated by his request.

They had such a fairytale courtship and from day one he took her breath away. Trey pampered her to death and the love they felt for one another was magnetic. Everything that he bequeathed upon her made it very easy for Angelic to give him the answer he wanted to hear when he suggested that she give up her job and let him take care of her.