Part 13

(Unedited)

Chapter 29

            The reservation desk clerk was on the phone when Angelic arrived at the hotel.  The clerk smiled and put up a finger to indicate that she would be with her in just one moment.  Angelic looked down at her watch which read eight-thirty a.m., she was doing well on time.  Trey wasn’t due to pick her up at the airport until noon so she figured that he would still be in bed.  The desk clerk concluded her call and Angelic, with credit card and ID in hand, gave the clerk her materials and explained that she was there to join her husband. 

The clerk reviewed the identification, along with the credit card information.  Everything matched up perfectly to what was entered in the computer.  Satisfied with the confirmation of identity, the clerk returned the items, handed Angelic a spare hotel room key and wished her a great stay.  The hotel bell boy escorted Angelic up to her room.  So as not to wake Trey she asked him to place her suitcases by the door. 

She tipped and thanked him for his assistance before he left.  Now alone, she opened the door and pulled in her luggage, then quietly closed it back.  The curtains were slightly drawn in the small living room area, but lit enough so that she could see where she walked.  The bedroom was directly off that area and Angelic saw that the door was slightly ajar. 

The blinds were completely closed in there because the bedroom was jet black.  Angelic reached into the duffel bag she carried on her shoulder and pulled out some items.  She walked over to the doorway, took a deep breath and exhaled before she pushed open the door and flicked on the light switch. 

“Wake up sleepy head, surprise…,” she quickly stopped mid sentence.

The Champagne glasses she held fell from her hand on to the dresser with a loud crash as glass scattered along the rug.  Trey jerked out of his sleep and was blinded by the bright light.  He shifted his body towards the direction of the noise to see Angelic.  There she stood with a traumatized expression on her face.  She was frozen and she looked hurt, angry, and confused.  Simply put everything was all balled up in one.  He followed her catatonic gaze that went behind him, and then he grimaced.

“Damn it, damn it!” he said as he shook his head.  He looked quickly back to Angelic.

“Ange, please, it’s not what you think.  Please, just let me talk to you,” he pleaded.

            His eyes caught hers, but only for a split second.  Where his pleaded and was apologetic, Angelic’s were hard, disgusted, and angry.  How in the world this could have happened was beyond anything he thought would happen.  Angelic’s gaze went back to the figure beside him.  A long-legged, half naked female with curly hair was in bed with her completely naked husband when she walked into the room. 

The female wore nothing but a g-string and Angelic’s first instinct was that she had to be the one, the whore that Trey’s had on salary for months now.  Angelic continued to stare her down but the female would not look in her direction, she simply hung her face down in shame.  Since Angelic had not responded to Trey, he felt now was the time to get up. 

He needed to do damage control ASAP.  He reached down towards the floor to search for his pants.  It was then that Angelic’s attention shot back to him.  Instincts took over and she quickly wobbled over to him.  She smacked and hit him everywhere, as hard as her body would allow.  His search was temporary halted as he put up his hands to try to protect his body and face from her slaps that stung and her sledgehammer punches that connected into his gut.