Part 12

As promised here's the next chapter and I hope you enjoy.  I know what it's like waiting to find out what's gonna happen next so I will try to be more punctual with uploading.  Thanks for sticking with me though.  Let me know your thoughts on how the story is going. 

p.s. This chapter has not been edited yet.

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 27

            It was a very long night and Angelic couldn’t wait for the break of dawn.  Between Trey’s snoring and being waked up throughout the night by the nurse, she had a very restless night. 

At exactly eight a.m. sharp, Dr. Mansuria showed up and gave Angelic a green light to be discharged.  She was gung ho to jump up, get dressed and go, but her breakfast had just arrived and Trey urged her to put something in her stomach before they left. 

It took her no time at all to finish her tray and right after they were out the door.  Trey had phoned Angel before they left the hospital and informed her that they would be there soon.  The drive home seemed like it took an eternity.  All she wanted was the comfort of her home and be able to relax.  The minute she walked into the house Angel was right there to welcome her.

“Come here baby, give me a hug, how are you feeling?” Angel asked.

“I’m exhausted and dirty, but fine.  All I want is just a nice bath and to get out of these dirty clothes.”

“Oh, baby, you look like you didn’t get any sleep.  Well that’s ok because I’m one step ahead of you.  You have a tub full of bubbles upstairs waiting for you and then you can lie down and take a nap.”

“Thank you!” Angelic said very grateful and eager to head upstairs.  She kissed her aunts cheek and hugged her tight.

“Come on baby, let’s get you upstairs,” Angel said as she ushered her niece to the stairs.

“Aunty, I could kill for a nice cup of hot tea with lemon.”

Before Angel could answer, Trey interceded, “Don’t worry about it Angel, I’ll make it for her.  How about I bring it up in about thirty minutes when you’re out of the tub?” he asked Angelic.

“Sure, that fine, thank you,” she replied back.  She smiled at Trey and then walked up the stairs with her aunt.

            As Angelic climbed into the tub, the sound that she released confirmed that the water felt really good.  This was exactly the therapeutic therapy she had craved all night.  While she sat and soaked, Angel hung a clean gown on the bathroom hook and gathered up shampoo and conditioner out of the bathroom closet to wash Angelic’s hair.

Her aunt had magic fingers and the scalp massage that she gave as she washed Angelic’s thick locks had relaxed her so much that she actually started to doze off a little.

“Hey sleepy-head, let me rinse this out so I can do the conditioner and then get you finished up.”

“Noooo, don’t stop, I don’t want it to end yet,” she whined.

“Angelic, baby I love you, but no, now let me rinse, put your head back.”  Angel managed to rinse all the shampoo out and just as she had finished covering Angelic’s head with conditioner, Trey walked into the room.

Trey hollered into the bathroom, “Ange, I have your tea and Angel the timer on the stove just went off,”

Angel walked into the bedroom.  “Thank you Trey, I started dinner early this morning just to get it out of the way.  I’ll let it simmer for a few more minutes while I finish up Angelic.”