Part 8

Chapter 18

“Trey, I know we haven’t had the best relationship but I’m willing to give it a try for Angelic’s sake,” Angel genuinely stated.  “The last thing she needs now is stress from us.”

“You’re absolutely right and I’m also willing to try.  Shall we shake on our truce?” he said as he reached over to grab her hand.

Angel took it and sealed their pact.  “My coffee seems to have gotten a little cold. You think I could have a fresh hot cup?”

“Of course,” Trey said as he picked up her mug and dumped the contents into the sink.

“Trey, go ahead and get ready for work.  I think I’ll let her sleep until Noon then I’ll wake her so that she can put something in her stomach.”

He returned to the table with the empty mug and poured in some fresh, hot coffee.  “Are you sure Angel?”

“Yes, go ahead.  I’m going to sit her for a moment and enjoy this, maybe make myself a bowl of cereal before I take my medicine.  Don’t worry she’s in very capable hands.”

“Thanks, I really appreciate that.  Please call me at work if you need anything, the numbers on the refrigerator.”

“Ok, I will – leave the stuff I’ll clear it when I’m done.”

“Thanks.  I think that I’ll take a shower and get dressed in my office.  I have an extra suit in there and then I won’t have to go back up and accidentally wake up Ange.  You will tell her I didn’t want to disturb her, won’t you?

“I’ll tell her, now get!”  Comforted by her reply, Trey smiled and walked out the kitchen.

 About 45 minutes later Trey emerged from his office fully showered and dressed.  Angel was done with her breakfast and had cleaned up the small mess that was left by her and Trey.  When he returned to the kitchen, Angel was about to start on Angelic’s lunch.

“Oh, I see you’re all dressed and ready to go.”

“Yeah, just came in to grab some coffee and say good-bye.”

Angel grabbed a small thermos out of the cupboard and filled it with coffee.  She reached over on the counter to grab a brown paper bag and handed both items to Trey.

As he held up the bag, Trey asked, “What’s this?”

“Tuna fish sandwich on white with tomato, lettuce, and pickle on the side. For dessert I threw in a fruit cup and I’m sure you’ll be able to find something to drink.”

“Wow, Angel, I didn’t expect this, thanks.”

“You’re welcome, we’ll see you this evening at dinner?” she asked as she returned her focus to the food in front of her.

He stood there for a second still in awe of her kindness.  “I’ll be here, see you later,” and with that said he was out the door.

                                                                            *      *      *      *      *            

Chapter 19

It was a little after noon when Angel made it upstairs with a tray of food for Angelic.  She knocked first and then entered the room.  Angelic hadn’t heard a thing and she still slept when Angel walked in.  Angel placed the tray on the dresser and then went over and gently shook Angelic.