Part 17

(Unedited)

Angelic had slipped into bed when her cell phone started to vibrate against the night stand that it rested on.  She knew it had to be Trey; she picked it up and contemplated whether she should answer it or not.  It was voice mail that helped to solve that problem.  As she still  held the phone in her hand she felt it vibrate again and realized that he had left a message.

She quickly retrieved it and listened to the sound of Trey's voice..."Ange it's me, I know you don't  want to talk  but I really need you this one time not ignore my message, ok?  It's very important that I speak with you and would really appreciate it if you would just this once call me back.  What I have to say will change the outlook of a lot of things Ange.  Please baby...I really would like to tell you the news."

Angelic sat up in bed and leaned back on the headboard as she thought whether or not she should respond.  It didn't take long for that arguement  with herself to cease for her heart won out.  She pushed the button for the number to be redialed.

He saw her name show up on the caller ID as he picked up his phone.  "Hi Ange, thanks for calling."

"Well it sounded important so that's why.  What's going on?"

 "I got a call from Amanda today and it seems that Bryn is a wake, she's finally out of her coma."

"Bryn...you're talking about the sister, I see," she said and paused for a moment.  "Yes that's very good and I'm happy for them but Trey, I don't understand how you categorized that information to be of importance to me."

"No Ange, you're not seeing the big picture here," he replied.

"Ah yes I think I am and I made a mistake by calling you back."

"Angelic wait don't hang up, please!  Let me explain ok?"

"Trey I really hope you didn't use this as a excuse to talk with me," she said and than sighed.  "Ok fine, you have five minutes."

"Thank you.  Look baby this changes a lot for us.  Bryn is  a wake and fully aware of everything, I spoke with her myself.  I even verified how she's doing with the doctor that was on-hand.  She one hundred percent fully functional."

"Ok Trey I get that so what does that have to do with us, or should I say me rather?"

"In a couple of days she's going to regain control of the family estate, which means that I'm free and clear.  No more running interference, no more back and forth traveling making sure that things are in order.  I'm done baby.  I can concentrate on you and our son, our family.  I know this is long over due but this is as concrete as it gets to see just how serious I am.  I want my family together."

"Mhm, wow," she said and Trey could hear the skepticism in her voice.

"What...what did i say?"

"What didn't you say.  Did you not hear what you expressed to me?  Sure things can be all cushy now since she's back to take over.  What if this would not have happened huh, then what?" she expressed and continued with her argument.  "Well I can answer that for you, things would have continued and I still would have been second to everything else."

"Oh baby, no.  You were never second, not by a long shot.  Look I know I messed up big time and my actions hardly prove what I'm trying to get across to you.  You have to believe that you are my world and you're wrong I would have fixed the situation."

"Really, how so?"

"As far as the legal matters I was going to hire someone to take care of that so I wouldn't have to travel.  Also this person would also take on the matter of looking in on Bryn.  Of course authorizing payments and budgets would have still been on me but that's something I could have done in state and last resort, if needed, then I would have used video call."

"It's truly amazing how much you thought this out and it all sounds good.  Maybe if you would have done that from the getgo then all of this could have been avoided.  You ever thought about that?"

"Yes, that and a lot more.  I truly wish I would have told you and been upfront from the very beginning.  That's my biggest regret and I'm truly sorry I hurt you."

If it were possible to reach through a phone and slap him around she would have done it.  He got it, finally.  It took him a hell of a long time but this time his apology was truly genuine compared to the other hundred times.  She was tired of the distance between them, so much of her pregnancy she she wanted to share, for god sake this was their first child that would be born soon.  Even though she felt she hadn't gone overboard maybe she could give him a little leeway.

"Listen, I'm really tired right now but I would be willing to meet over lunch and talk."

"I would like that, how about lunch tomorrow?"

"Sure that's fine."

"I'll pick you up at 11:30 a.m. and Ange sleep well.  I love you and our little boy, goodnight."

"Goodnight Trey."

The call had ended and Angelic slid down onto her pillow with the phone rested against her chin.  The first thing that came to mind was her aunt.  Angel would probably make a fuss and be a bit irritated.  She knew for certain when the time came to be picked up her aunt was sure to follow her outside with a few choice words for Trey.  She smiled at the thought.  Usually she would stand interference between the two but this was a whole new situation.  It would be good to see him squirm and Aunt Angel fit the position perfectly.

She placed the phone back on the nightstand and turned off the lamp.  As she reached down and rubbed her expanded stomach she said,  "Sleep well my precious boy for tomorrow we will spend time with your dad.  I love you my baby...your daddy loves you too."