Part 16

(Unedited)

This chapter is short but the next will be longer.  More or less a status update on where Trey and Angelic are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 33

Trey decided not to return home that day at the suggestion of his parents. Fortunately he was glad that he had heeded their advice because when he arrived at his residence the next day it was tougher then he had thought.

He entered the house and it felt so barren and silent without Angelic's presence. Instantly reality of the situation had hit him like a ton of bricks. It was unsettling and the dreaded knowledge that she had left him was so surreal.

Trey took a moment to compose himself before he proceeded upstairs with his luggage. He stepped into their bedroom and the first thing that caught his attention was Angelic's bare dresser top. No perfumes, lotion, or any of her beauty products. Everything was gone. He then turned and noticed that the closet had been left agape and multiple stripped hangers hung where her clothes use to be.

Trey felt a lump in his throat and swallowed hard, and he squeezed his hands so tight that he realized he still held on to his bags. He released his grip and dropped them and ran his fingers through his dark, curly hair. He was emotionally drained and couldn't even think about what his next move would be to win her back.

He sat on the edge of the bed as the sadness overwhelmed him. The more he sat there and reflected over what had happened the more depressed he felt. He shook his head in disbelief as he grabbed a headful of his hair and clutched it tightly. He was still livid about what Amanda had done but all in all it was he who had messed up. He gambled with the best part of his life and lost.

It took some doing over the next couple of days for him to even function and he was extremely relieved to be off of work for a couple of days to pull himself together. Days turned into weeks and before he knew it three months had passed. He had made countless phone calls to Angelic only to either be shut down by Angel, or thrown into voice mail.

When Angelic said she didn't want anything to do with him he was sure that she didn't really mean it. Unfortunately and to his astonishment she proved him wrong. However, even though their communication may have ceased, Angelic still kept Trey in the loop regarding every doctors appointment for the baby. The downside of it all was that it was Angel who made those phone calls, not his wife.

Angelic was stretched out on the sofa as she watched television with Angel. Her attention seemed to be on the screen, but Angel soon discovered that was not the case when she asked her niece a question and she was completely oblivious.

“Sweetheart do you want to talk?” Angel asked as she tapped her on her foot.

“Huh...what did you say?” Angelic replied back still unaware that her aunt had noticed she was deep in thought.

“Baby girl, why are you pretending to watch this tube. You're thinking about him aren't you?”

“Aunty you would think after all of this time it would be a little easier but it's not. It still seems like yesterday. All I want to do is pick up that phone and call him or even better jump into the car and drive over there. Maybe if I wasn't pregnant it would be easier,” she sadly expressed.

“Scoot over,” Angel said as she got up from her chair to sit on the sofa next to her niece. “I know you love him but baby you made a decision to leave. Are you now telling me that's not what you want?”

Angelic thought for a moment before she answered, “My decision still stands. I can't be with someone I can't trust, even if I do love him.”

“Well then I need you to give yourself a break. You've kept your promise regarding the baby and I know its been hard with his frequent phone calls. But baby girl I've handled it for you and I will continue to be your rock for as long as you will allow me to,” Angel passionately expressed.

“I know you will Aunty,” she said as she rubbed her stomach. “Can you believe almost eight months I am? Yeah you're right and I'm gonna start now by getting some sleep.”

“Good girl, goodnight sweetheart,” she said as she threw an arm around Angelic and hugged her tight. She watched with a smile on her face as her niece waddled out of the room to bed.