Part 21

(Unedited) 

 There's more chapters coming right behind this one but I didn't want to hold off on uploading.  So here u go.  Hope you enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel sat in the waiting room as Trey emerged, the whites of his eyes blood shot red and a wetness of fresh tears on his face.  She took one look at him and jumped up from her seat.

"What is it?  Tell me what's wrong? Is it the baby?" she frantically asked question after question.

He was overcome in pain and the more she inquired the more he dreaded what had to be said. She grabbed him by his arms and shook him hard, "Trey, damn it what's wrong!" she yelled. There were people in the room that turned to stare, but she did not care. She wanted answers and she wanted it now.

"Angel it's Ange...it's Ange, she's not...." was all he had managed to get out as he choked up and wept like a wounded animal.  But it was enough for Angel.  She understood and her face went completely blank as her hands fell to her sides. 

Shock, disbelief, or denial, maybe everything all rolled up into one.  There was no way that her precious girl could be gone.  She felt faint and swayed slightly from side to side.  Trey put his arm around Angel and guided her to an empty seat.  He sat down next to her, silent, there were no words of comfort for he felt what she did.

"Not my baby!" she cried.  "What happened and what about the baby? The baby is also...?" she reluctantly said not even able to get the rest of the sentence out.

"He's fine, neither of us had a chance to see him but she heard him Angel.  She knew he was okay and that's when...that's when her heart stopped and they kicked me out," he sadly stated.

Inside Angel felt her heart being deflated as she took in the tragic news.  Angelic had waited and anticipated this day for so long.  And now she was gone, it wasn't fair.  A telephone from across the room hand rang and a man who also sat and waited in the same area picked it up. 

"Is there a Moreti family in here?" the man called out.

"Trey replied back, "Yes we're the Moretti family."  The man held out his arm and gestured that the call was for him.  Trey walked over and retrieved it.  It was the nurses station, they called to verify the family's location because the doctor needed to talk with them. It was about five minutes later when Dr. Nicholas entered the room. She scanned around until she located Trey and Angel. Neither of them wanted to hear what was about to be said, but how could it be avoided.

Dr. Nicholas took a seat beside Angel and rubbed her arm to be supportive. “She's alive, we were able to bring her back.”

“Oh my god thank you Jesus!” she cried as she closed her eyes and rocked back and forth in the chair.

“She's okay, she's really okay?” Trey had to ask again.

“She's stable and still unconscious. She lost a lot of blood and it was cut and go for a moment. She's still being transfused as we speak. We took care of her and she was properly disbursed oxygen when her heart stopped so I don't think there will be any brain damage. We got her revived in an acceptable time frame. However, when she's fully woke I will do a thorough exam. Until then I will have her transferred to the ICU unit because she needs be monitored.” Dr. Nicholas explained.

“That’s the best news you could have given us. Thank you...thank you so much,” Trey expressed deeply.

“Definitely, I agree one hundred percent,” Dr. Nicholas said and smiled. “Your baby boy is in the N.I.C. Unit. I stopped past to check on him and speak with the attending pediatrician on call. He's one healthy little boy. Nonetheless, he's early so it's best that he's kept there instead of the regular nursery,” she explained.

“Whatever you think is best is fine with me. I'm just happy he's healthy.”

“When can we see them?” Angel asked.

“Angelic will probably be out for another hour. She's still down in OR recovery but once she's woke she'll be brought upstairs and you will be able to visit. The baby you can go see now.”

“Yes I would love to go see him now,” Angel expressed. She reached over and hugged Dr. Nicholas tight. “Thank you for being there for my girl.”

“No thanks needed. It was her that did the hard part by fighting.” Angel released her arms from around Dr. Nicholas and nodded her head in agreement. “If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to have a nurse page me. But no worries I will be checking on her daily.”

Trey and Angel found their way to the N.I.C. Unit to see their boy. He was so handsome and small.

He had a head full of dark curly locks like his dad and his face features were a combination of both of his parents. He was very light-skinned but Angel could tell from his ears that he would be a wonderful caramel colored skin tone.

They took great pleasure as each of them held TJ in their arms. TJ, short for Trey junior is the name that Angelic and Angel had decided to call him when they found out it was a boy. Angel smiled down at her grand-nephew as he sat in his fathers arms being fed.

'Your mama is going to be ecstatic to finally see you,' she thought as she smiled and lightly touched his little hand.