Part 5 (Continued)

Chapter 13

Trey was almost home and as soon as he turned on the connecting street ,his peachy-cream brick house was in view. It was a two-level colonial style home-built from the ground. The outside vision of it was warm and inviting, and Angelic especially loved the apple blossom trees in the yard. The aroma that oozed from it during spring and summer was simply heaven. In high school Angelic's hobby was architecture and design and she was very knowledgeable in it from her course of reading different literature over the years. She wasn't a professional but the projects that Trey had seen her complete since he's known her were always expertly done. This hobby of hers was the one thing that gave her a feeling of importance since she had stopped working. It was Trey who asked her to oversee all decisions on the external and internal decor of the house. She worked hard and she worked daily with the contractor to make sure everything was done to her specifications.

Trey passed two stoned piers at the entrance of their “governor style” driveway. At the end of his destination he used his clicker to open up one of the three garage doors. He grabbed his belongings off the car seat and strolled into the house.

“Ange, I’m home!” He listened but there was no response. ‘She must be upstairs sleep,’ he thought to himself as he headed for the stairs. Trey entered an empty bedroom, no Angelic in sight. “I wonder where she’s at I thought for sure she would be here by now,” he mumbled to himself.

He called her on the drive home but ended up in voice mail, so he left a message. All this time and still no reply back, now he was worried. He pulled out his cell and redialed her number.

Angelic could smell the delicious aroma as soon as they pulled up in the parking lot. They were greeted and escorted immediately to a table when they walked in the door. The hostess handed them each a menu and said she would return in a moment to take their order.

“Oh what a nice place Aunt Angel,” Angelic remarked as she looked around admiring the Italian decor of the establishment. The walls were lined with elegant mirrors and many assortments of artwork of Italy. Her feet sat upon dark wooden floors which contrasted with the elegant tablecloths. There were backlit shelves of wine and the spot-lights throughout the restaurant gave off a pleasant ambiance.

I hope the food tastes as good as it smells,” Angelic said, as her stomach rumbled.

“I insure you that you won’t be disappointed, the cuisine will melt in your mouth.”

“Aunty, I need to visit the little girl’s room, would you please order me an ice tea with lemon and I’m having a terrible craving for spaghetti and meatballs?”

“Ok, are you all right?” She smiled, “Yes, I’m fine it’s just nature calling for two. I’ll be right back. Don’t forget, spaghetti and meatball, ok?”

“Girl, I heard you the first time. You better make it to that bathroom before you embarrass me and you both,” Angel said in her bossy motherly voice.

“Thank you,” she sweetly sang out as she hurried to the women’s room. No sooner had she walked through the door her phone rang. She reached in her purse and pulled out her cell.

“Hello?”

“Ange baby, why didn’t you call me back and where are you?”

“Trey, I’m fine. There must have been a miscommunication between you and Aunt Angel. She told me you would call back after you were out of your meeting.”

“Well I did but I got your voice mail and left you a message to call me back.”

“Oh honey, I’m sorry. I threw my purse into the back seat after we left the doctor’s office. We got stuck in traffic and I guess I didn’t hear it ring over the outside noise.”

“No Ange, I jumped to conclusions, I’m just glad everything’s fine. Where are you?”

“Well like I said we got caught in traffic and I started to feel sick so we exited off the parkway to stop and eat before I passed out.”

“ANGELIC, do you feel like you’re about to pass out!”

“Trey, please calm down, it’s just a figure of speech. I’m feeling a little sick now but I’ll feel better after I get some food into my stomach.”

“Ok, I’m sorry, I know I sound like the over protective father to be. I just love you two very much.”

“It’s ok, I know you do and we love you too. We’ll be home soon and I’ll tell you all about my appointment then, ok?”

“Of course, go ahead; I’m stopping you from eating. I’ll see you when you get here. I love you.”

“I love you too, bye.” Angelic placed her cell phone back in her purse and proceeded to use the bathroom facilities before she returned to the table.

She and Angel chatted as they waited on their order. When the food arrived Angelic devoured right into her plate. She had not realized how hungry she really was until she tasted that first mouth-watering bite. The ride home would be a silent one because no sooner had Angelic got in the car she was dead to the world. She wouldn’t have heard a bomb if it exploded. Content that her niece was satisfied with her full belly, baby and food, Angel smiled and started the engine.