Part 1: Unexpected night (Rewritten)

Careful to not wake his neighbors, Zotz exits his apartment gracefully, except for the fact he knocked his forehead on the top of the doorframe. As he locked the door with small audible "ows". They breathe the fresh air, slightly reveling in the feeling of the night air against his wings. It helped quell the anxiety that had been pooling in his gut as they walked towards the bus station, fiddling with the keys in their hand and doing his best to avoid any dark treks of the sidewalk.

The station, quite blissfully was empty, and the clerk did not ask many questions to why he was traveling alone this early in the morning, not like he could travel with anyone at the moment anyways. As the clerk hands him a ticket for the 2.A.M bus to Redshore without more than an eye-roll at his bass hanging from his shoulder. Decidedly ignoring that, and their building sense of impending doom, Zotz tried his best to make themself comfortable for the wait. It was difficult, having to fold their wings at an odd angle to avoid tripping the few kids running up and down the rows of seats, and kept him busy until an announcement came on for loading.

Now arriving Bus 458 on the Red Line, Final destination is Redshore City. Bus will depart shortly at two am.

Thankfully, all the other passengers seemed sleepier once boarding, besides from the small group huddled by the baggage hold. But they figured that a member of the group must be running late or something and didn't pay any mind. The seat next to his was apparently empty as well, another relief as Zotz rarely felt socializing on the best of days and certainly not now, but holding the extra bonus of allowing them to wrap their wings around themself in a sort of cocoon or blanket, much less painful than the folding a few minutes before. Zotz drifted off before the bus was even in motion, trying his best to sleep off the nerves.

Just as the bus started to move, not even a few seconds later it had gone to an immediate stop, which had woken most of the passengers, even Zotz. The green-eyed bat looked around after being jolted awake, as the other passengers groaned in annoyance, some were still asleep, and some were as startled as he is. Just then, a woman from the huddled group outside, who looked to be in their late 30s had entered the bus and started profusely apologizing to everyone. In which, the other passengers were too tired to be mad, or even pay mind. As the rest of the group started to enter after the woman. And unfortunately for Zotz, the group sat at the back, with one of them approaching him. "Excuse me. . ? So sorry to bother, but is that seat. . . unoccupied?" Asked by the gorilla of the group, the boy held a duffle bag around his shoulder, his tone sounding nervous and exhausted. Zotz immediately folded their wings again, wincing at the pain but quickly brushed it off. "Um. . Sure, go ahead" The bat responded, trying not to sound rude despite his situation.   

It's going to be a long day tomorrow. . .