chapter 23 past

"Y/n, where are you!?" A younger-looking David said calling for him.

David scratched his head and sighed as a young Eric peeked and leaned against the door frame. "No luck? We can't wait on him. Let's just go."

David turned around looking toward Eric "tch... Yeah, I know. But he has to contribute you know. Or else he can't stay here.

Eric shrugged " I told you this would happen you wanted to bring him in. He was just gonna cause trouble"

David gestured in an unapproving manner "Eric he's 14. Would you have rather we left him?"

Eric bit his lip looking away "ngh... He would have been better off. You brought him into a warzone. You tell me which is better."

Before the conversation could continue their wristwatches beeped signaling that their departure is soon.

"Well, You done looking?"

David snapped his fingers realizing the secret trapdoor in the room as he walked over to one of the walls.

It was well hidden as he placed his hand pushing insights as a click is heard and the door opened.

Kneeling and pulling it open. He sees the young small kid with headphones on headbanging to the music he's listening to.

The sudden amount of light going into the secret room made young y/n look outwards and see David. You can tell how uncomfortable he was as he reluctantly took off the headphones.

"There you are, why didn't you come out? You know we have a mission today y/n"

Y/n sighed and got out of the secret room. Despite his age and size. He was an expert sharpshooter, pretty agile. Which would make him great for recon, and stealth missions when he's able to go into the field. Except

he was very pessimistic with almost little to no confidence.

"I don't want to do this, I'm not built for this kinda thing". Y/n said in a low tone.

"I know you feel that way, but it's not a choice. if you wanna stay here. You're obligated to."

"I don't want to be here."

Y/n looked miserable and what could David say, the place itself and things there weren't bad. The grueling amount of work and tasks need to be done daily. It's not healthy for a 14-year-old.

"Listen y/n... I promise I'll get you out of here, it's just temporary I promise just have to endure for a little longer."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

There was a pause. "I don't believe you." Y/n walked away passing Eric who he bumped into. Y/n caused him to stumble out the way. Since Eric didn't expect him to bump into him like that.

Eric gestured his arms outward annoyed at this but y/n kept walking.

"Like I said trouble," Eric said David shook his head and sighed.

With Y/n:

"My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all,
The morning rain clouds up my window
And I can't see at all

And even if I could, it'd all be gray
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad
It's not so bad".

Y/n sang a song with his headphones on ignoring everyone as he sat on a bench waiting on Eric and David to catch up.
Before humming the rest of the beat.