(chp13) lizzy's recovery

The sound of beeping is heard as the scene opens up with a blinding white light, before the person's eyes adjust seeing a hospital room.

Liz: mmm, huh... what happened...?

A nurse walked in to check on her and was happy to see she finally woke up.

Nurse: oh wonderful, you're finally awake.

Liz:*confused* what you mean finally awake?

Nurse: you've been asleep in a drug induced coma for about 2 weeks.

Liz: 2 weeks!?

Nurse: you lost a lot of blood that night and needed surgery to extract the bullet, they used a bit too much anesthetics but its safer then not using enough.

Liz: *grunts* ow...

Nurse dont hurt yourself, still healing after all. Your friend will be happy to see you finally awake.

Liz: huh?

The nurse pointed to a sleeping y/n sitting on a chair with his head on a desk. Liz was a bit surprised, she didn't even notice him.

Nurse: most of your other friends, or family came and went, but not him, he stayed by your side the whole time. Even when security was called he refused to leave.

Liz looked back at y/n who was asleep as she looked saddened as the nurse spoke.

Nurse: poor thing, this is the first time he's slept. He stayed awake waiting, many Cups of coffee. He paced back and forth, Talking to you even if you couldn't answer back.

Liz: I remember hearing a voice... but I couldn't understand what it was saying.

Nurse:most likely you were hearing him, he blames himself. Well I just came to drop off more blankets, I'll let the doctor know you're awake.

The nurse leaves as liz just looks around the room, the beeping coming from a heart monitor. A basket and balloons saying get well soon. She reached to rub y/n sleeping head, but before she could he began to wake up.

She wanted to see exactly what he's been doing and hear what he's saying so she laid back down pretending to still be asleep. She could hear him jolt himself awake.

Y/n: mmm damn, I dozed off...

He looked out the window seeing it was daylight he then turned back towards liz who was still "sleeping"
She stood still and kept calm she then felt him lay his head on the bed as he held her hand. She almost couldn't keep up the act when she heard his voice and who hurt he sounded.

Y/n: hey, lizzy....still asleep huh... that's okay.....just get better..

He held her hand as he spoke liz still keeping up this act felt her heart literally breaking as she heard in y/n voice that he was trying his best not cry.

Y/n: I'm scared lizzy.....that you'll never wake up....and it's my fault....you wouldn't have been put here if I wasnt around.*voice break* can you please wake up....

She heard him stand up and walk around. Before talking.

Y/n:*sigh* out of everyone there... why did it have to be you out of all people.....how quick everything fell apart. I mean we were literally napping under the tree on the campus together, just earlier that day.

Y/n teared up as he walked back over to liz. Still "asleep"

Y/n: the bullet was meant for me not you....I'll do anything for you just to wake up....