Chapter 9 spring talent show

(This takes place Friday that week the day of the talent show.)

     Things between you and Eddie have been off. You're both try and act like there isn't anything wrong but that's obviously not true. The talent show is tonight after school, even though things are off you promised you'd go and your not going to break that promise.

*At the talent show*

(Y/Ns pov)

     I walked into the gym where the talent show is being held. I look around seeing a big crowd of people, i'm trying to find Eddie to wish him good luck before his band preforms. "BOO" I hear from right behind me I kinda jump at the sudden noise. I turn to see Eddie with a big smile on his face. "God Eddie you scared me!" I said kinda relieved that it's just him. "Haha sorry, i'm glad you came" he said apologetic. "It's okay and yeah of course I came, wouldn't miss it" I said being completely honest. "Well I should be heading back stage to get ready" he said. "Good luck, I'm sure you guys will do great, i'll go find a good seat" I feel excited to finally watch him preform. "Thanks!!" Eddie says back as he gives me a hug and waves goodbye as I see him head back stage.

     I go find a seat with a good view but also not super close to anyone else. As the talent show starts I see many kids preforming. Then it's Eddie's and his bands turn I cheer for them as they take the stage. Watching and listening to Eddie play is something else. He looks so happy up there playing for everyone. Honestly I wasn't sure how good they were going to be but listening to Eddie play his guitar. It's one of the best sounds that I have ever heard. As their song finishes up I cheer even louder kinda screaming at this point.

(Eddie's pov)

     As me and the band finish up we leave the stage so the next act to go on. Instead of staying back stage i decide to go find Y/N. I want to know what they thought of our performance. I also think it would be fun to watch the rest of the show with them. As I leave walking into the gym where the audience is. Walking through trying to find Y/N. Finally seeing them in one of the back rows, by themselves watching the show. I go and sit by them. "Heyyyy so what did you think?" I ask trying to keep my voice down. "You guys did great, it was so fun watching you play your guitar" they say also trying to keep their voice down. Hearing them say how good I was made my heart start to race.

(Y/Ns pov)

    Eddie came and sat by me after his performance. He really did do amazing and I made sure to tell him that. We sit close together quietly watching the other acts. Then it's Chrissys turn to preform as she walks on stage I turn and look at Eddie's face. He looks excited to see her. It made me feel bad maybe I should have done something so he could look at me up there the same way he's looking at her. We watch her preform and I have to admit she was good. As her act finished up Eddie clapped, and cheered for her.

     Watching this made me so jealous and sad. I couldn't control how I felt at that moment I just wanted to be by myself. As Eddie quiets down I say quietly "Hey I have to go". Before he can say anything I get up and leave. I can hear him moving behind me so as I get outside the school I start running. Not turning back no matter what I heard, no matter how much he called my name. I just kept going.

     I was too slow though and he caught up to me. Grabbing my shoulder "hey Y/N what's wrong?" he asks as I slow down. Already far enough away from school I turn around to look at him in the eyes. Crying uncontrollably "NOTHING, Nothings wrong okay!" I yell. As soon as I did I immediately felt bad. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell, I just want to be by myself" I say trying to calm down. "Oh okay, well if you want to talk we can, whenever your ready of course" he said with a sad smile. "I don't really want to talk right now Eddie, I just want to go home" I say turning around and start walking again. "Okay i'll walk with you since it's late" he said.

     I didn't really want him to walk with me and see how much i'm crying. It doesn't stop the whole time, I was crying. But he listened and didn't say a word. All he did was walk next to me all the way back to the trailer park. He waited until he saw that I made it inside safe. Although everything that happened he still made me feel happy, I loved that he walked me home. I knew now that there was no more denying my feelings, I like Eddie as more than just my best friend.

~ heyyyy hope you all liked this chapter, also side note even though everything that happened in the new released episodes i will continue writing this story so i'll see you in the next chapter ~