Chapter 12 summer

(Takes place the summer of 1980.)

While at your grandma's all you could think about was getting back home. Why because Eddie's back there waiting for you. Despite what what happened you feel great about how things turn out in the end. And didn't want to waste anymore time.

After getting back home after the two weeks the rest of the summer was for you and Eddie. Doing everything together going to the arcade, movies, and on bike rides. You guys even had sleep overs at each other's trailers. You felt like you never wanted it to end.

(Y/Ns pov)

Summers going great yesterday was another fun day so waking up early wasn't really my plan. Until I heard something going on outside my room. Sitting up trying to wake up to see what's happening. When Eddie busts the door to my room open and runs to jump on my bed. Getting squished under him I finally push him off. He sits up looking really excited while i'm still trying to fully wake up. "What's up Eddie it's so early" I say while yawning. "Ahhh your never going to believe what's happening!" he said way to full of energy. "Well what's happening?" I question. He holds a flyer up to my face I take it out of his hands to get a good look at it.

Holding the flyer up starting to read the big letters on the front. I read 'IRON MAIDEN TOUR COMING SOON'. Looking up at him with excitement in my eyes. "OMG are you kidding!" I scream. "NO and look" he says while pointing at some of the smaller text on the flyer. 'Coming to Atlanta, Indiana August 15th'. "Wait there coming to Indiana!" I say this is great. "YESS, and something even better" he said. "Tell me!" I say really want to know what he has to tell me. "My uncle said he would drive us if we come up with the money to pay for the tickets" he says not being able to sit still because he's so excited. "Ahhh really let me ask my mom" I say getting out of bed leaving the room with Eddie following me. "Hey mom, if I buy concert tickets with my own money, and Eddie's uncle drives us can I go?" I ask kinda nervous to hear her answer. "hmm when is it?" she asks. "August 15th" I answer. "And where is this concert?" she asks another question. "Atlanta" I answer getting impatient wanting to know her answer. "Well it's far but if Mr. Munson is driving you and you pay for it yourself then I guess it's fine with me" she finally gives me her answer. I turn to eddie and we scream "Yesss!" together.

*time-skip a couple weeks, August 10th, 5 days until the concert*

It's been a tiring past couple weeks but we're at our goal. We had come up with a way to get money since we're not old enough to get jobs. We have been mowing people lawns, gardening, and other household chores for money. We are five days from going to our first concert. Each day it gets closer it gets harder to sleep. Excitement grew each minute, no more like each second that passed. We have already planned our outfits down to every last detail. Even that we're going to have a sleep over at Eddie's the night before. So right after we eat breakfast we can hit the road.

~ sounds like a fun summer see how the concert goes in the next chapter ~