Chapter 42 The Hellfire Club

(Y/Ns pov)

Senior year has gone by pretty fast, i've been keeping in touch with Will and El by writing. I've finally been able to save up enough money to buy my dream bike, 1957 Harley-davidson Sportster.

Even though Steve graduated he still drives Robin to school. I introduced Dustin, Mike, and Lucas to Eddie an the guys. They joined the Hellfire club, which is where they play dungeons and dragons now. Lucas has joined the basketball team, he hasn't been in a game yet, but I try to make it to as many as I can to support him. It's finally April and we only have about a month left of school.

*Friday morning, last day of school before spring break*

"Harley! Get up or i'm leaving without you!" I yell at my younger sister. I walk into the living room of my trailer grabbing my backpack. Going over to my moms door knocking then yelling "Ma, me and Harley are leaving! Kades still sleeping but everyone else is awake and eating breakfast, love ya!" Finally Harley comes out of our room, ready to leave for school. "Bye! Stay out of my room" I yell at the rest of my siblings while grabbing my keys and heading out to my bike with Harley following behind me.

Finally making it to school just in time for Harley to run away and meet up with her friends before walking into the gym for the assembly. Waiting in the parking lot of Eddie to arrive to school. I waited until everyone else had made their way into the gym, and even a couple minutes after the assembly started. He hasn't shown up, I decide to make my way into the assembly. Big crowds not really being my thing, I don't go an sit I just decide to stand to the side by the door.

Once inside the gym with everyone else, seeing the cheer squad doing their routine while the band plays. After they finish the cheer squad go and sit with the rest of the school. "And let's hear it for your tigers!" The principal says over the microphone. Afterwards the basketball team runs out of the locker room and right through the paper banner. The captain of the team, Jason Carver grabs the microphone and starts to give his little speech. "Good morning, Hawkins high. First off... Hey. First off i'd like to thank each and everyone of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a hand." After Jason says that the gym erupts in applause. Not being able to hear the door open behind me. Feeling a hand land on my shoulder and a small whisper "Hey...." Turning my head slightly already knowing who would be there. I see Eddie standing slightly behind me, with his cheeky smile. "Your late" I say turn my head back to the rest of the gym. "Sorry" Eddie says calmly also turning to watch the rest of the pep fest.

Jason continues his speech. "And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and prettiest fans of all time, the tiger cheer squad. Chrissy... Chrissy, I love you, babe. You know... I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder 'How much loss can one community take?' In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So, last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said 'Think of Jack. Think of Melissa. Think of Heather. Think of Billy. Think of our heroic police chief Jim Hopper. Think about everyone of our friends who perished in that fire. What did they die for? For us to lose to some... some crap school? No. For us to return home with our heads hung low in defeat? No! Let's win this game. Let's win this game for them.' And that's exactly what we did!" Jason yells through the microphone. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, as the crowd started cheering. "We embarrassed those candy-asses in their own house. And now tonight, tonight! We're going to bring home the championship trophy! Let's go!" Jason yells again. Not being able to handle anymore of his obnoxious ass, I just decided to leave. Exciting the gym with Eddie flowing close behind.

"You okay?" Eddie asks rapping his arm around my shoulder. "Yeah, i'm fine he's just an ass, doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about" I say with a bit of anger in my voice. "Don't let him get to you, he doesn't know shit" Eddie says with his signature smile. "Now let me take your royal ass to class" Eddie says as we enter the main part of the school. "Don't say shit like that, but yes you can walk me to class" I say with a small laugh. Eddie never fails to make me smile.