Chapter 40 The battle of Starcourt

(Y/Ns pov)

     Standing around Eleven as she screams in pain, still not being able to grasp what happened. Finally understanding, after being able to see the object moving just under her skin. "What is that?" Erica asks with disgust and concern. "There's something moving in there" Mike says a little confused. "No!" El screams in pain. "Jesus christ" Dustin exclaims in shock. "Keep her talking. Keep he awake, okay?" Jonathan says mostly motioning towards Mike. Just as he runs over to one of the restaurants in the mall. Keeping her awake, until Jonathan is able return. "Hey, hey, hey. Stay awake, stay awake. Let's get her on this side. On this side" Mike says, trying to help El as much as he can. "Easy, easy, easy, easy" Steve says trying to slow down Mikes frantic movements, hoping to make Eleven more comfortable.

     "It's uh... you know, it's not actually that bad. There was a... the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something. It was insane" Robin says as she starts rambling. Not entirely sure of what to do. "Robin?" Steve says getting her attention and stoping her rant. "Yeah?" Robin answered quickly. "You're really not helping" I say fast trying to get everyone to back up so there's space when Jonathan comes back. "I'm sorry" Robin says softly, with a little bit of embarrassment in her voice.

     Jonathan finally makes his way back to us, holding a wooden spoon and a large stake knife in his hands. "Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?" Jonathan tells El as he readies himself, to begin cutting into her leg. "Okay" El is able to get out in between the shrieks and wales of pain. "Need you to stay real still. Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" Jonathan says holding the wood spoon up to her mouth for her. "Holy shit, holt shit" Dustin says starting to panic. I grab his hand trying to calm him down, while keeping everyone else still for whatever Eleven needs. "Do it" Mikes says, nodding to Jonathan. After that Jonathan uses the knife and starts cutting into her legs around where the fresh wound had started to heal. As soon as he begins, the screaming and crying only seems to get louder. Jonathan begins to try and reach in just below her skin to get the object out. "Jonathan!" Nancy yells in a wary tone. "Stop talking!" Jonathan screams back at everyone has he makes a less delicate move to try and get it out. "No! Stop it! Stop! Stop! I can do it. I can do it" Els screams slowly turning into sobs. Using her powers she carefully takes the object. Her screams now mixed with pain and anger, getting so loud to the point where all of the glass in the room around us shattering in an instant. The piece is out and it's looking like a chunk of the mind flayer. Once it's completely out and being suspended in the air by Elevens powers, she throws it across the room. It looks like it's trying to crawl away, until a large army boot squishes it. The boot being attached to Hopper to our relief, who's accompanied by Joyce, and a bald man.

     "The mind flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world" Mike explains to us all. "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it" Nancy adds. "How big is this thing?" Hopper asks in his usual unamused tone. "It's big. Thirty feet, at least" Jonathan answers. "Yeah, it sorta destroyed your cabin" Lucas says, getting a annoyed look from Hopper. "Sorry" Lucas says not knowing what else to do, other than hanging his head low. "Okay. So, just to be clear. This... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve asks, clearly having a hard time following the conversation. "Yes" Nancy answers. "But instead of, like, screws and metal, the mind flayer made its weapon... with melted people" Steve says one last time. "Yes, exactly" Nancy confirms. "Yeah, okay. I- yeah, i'm just making sure" Steve says. "Are we sure this thing is still out there. Still alive?" Joyce asks concerned. "El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive" Max says. "But if..." Will starts to say. But I'm starting to zone out, trying to stay up to date with the conversation but my thoughts drifting away. I've been gone for longer than 24 hours at this point, what if the people being used to create this weapon are my siblings, or my mom? What if one of them is Eddie? Finally being pulled out of the rabbit hole which is my thoughts by the sounds of yelling.