Chapter 16 the vanishing of Will Byers

( November 6th 1983 )

(Y/Ns pov)

     It was a normal Sunday night mom was working late, like every Sunday. So me, the kids, and Eddie were having our normal movie night. Todays movie was Christine, a thriller, supernatural movie. As the movie went on the lights flickered in the trailer but we didn't think to much of it at the time. After the movie Eddie helped me put the kids to bed then headed back to his trailer. I went to sleep that night with an off feeling in my stomach.

     Waking up that morning just another Monday of my Sophomore year. Me and Eddie walked to school everything was normal.

*At Hawkins Police station (narrators pov)*

     Joyce Byers talking with Police chief Jim Hopper. They were talking about Will, Joyce's son. Who never came home from the Wheelers house the night before. Hopper was asking her questions about her son at the moment. "He has a couple friends, but, you know, the kids, they're mean. He hangs out with this older kid in high school. You know they call him names. They laugh at him, his clothes..." Joyce says in a panic tone. "His clothes?" Hopper says confused. "What's wrong with his clothes?" he asks. "I don't know" Joyce says still smoking her cigarette. After reassuring her that he would find her son. Joyce went back to her house and Hopper set off to talk to Wills so called friends.

*Back at school (Y/Ns pov)*

     School had been going like normal I went to my first three classes, ate lunch with Eddie. It all felt normal I was now in my 4th period Geometry class. Doing my normal work not really paying attention to what everyone else is talking about until I hear my name being called. I look up from my work book to see the police chief and deputies waiting for me outside the classroom. "Can we speak to Y/N L/N for a second please" the police chief asks. "Yes of course" my teacher answers and I start to pack up and grab my stuff. Walking out of class to hear all the of whispering start.

     Once we get to the principals office they sit me down and start talking. "So your friends with Will Byers correct?" Hopper asks me. "Yes, is something wrong?" I ask concerned about what's going on. "Last night Will Byers never made it home, have you heard anything from him or seen anything. Maybe know anywhere he could have gone?" he asks in a serous tone. "I know he was at the Wheelers last night, he would have taken Cornwallis and Kerley home from there. I don't think he would have gone anywhere else and I haven't heard from him. Did you already talk to Mike, Dustin, and Lucas they were all hanging out yesterday?" I ask after answering his questions wanting to ask my own. "Yes we have spoken with them." he said with boredom in his voice. "Well is there anything I can do to help?" I ask getting nervous that Will is really missing. "No, I don't want you to do anything L/N, I want you to go home like normal don't going looking for him, don't go biking around after dark, nothing understand?" he says. "Yes, I understand but if there is anything I can do please let me know" I say with a stern tone. Like i'm going to sit around while my friend is missing I think to myself as I head back to class.

     After school me and Eddie made a point to go and pick up all my siblings. We all walked home together and I asked if they had heard anything. Of course they hadn't and despite Eddie's worries I still tried to get in contact with they guys. But I couldn't reach any of them it was raining really hard tonight. Eddie is staying with us tonight since his uncle won't be home till morning. After my siblings and mom went to bed me and Eddie stayed up. We watched tv, and listened to the rain it the roof. Not feeling tired with everything running through my head.

~ starting the storyline of season one enjoy ~