Chapter 39 The bite

(Y/Ns pov)

Alarms are blaring, while red lights flash. Dustin came and got us, after successfully making it out of the room he lead us to the back of a small car like thing. Getting in inside, with Dustin, and Erica in the front. As we drive back down that insanely long hallway. "Jesus, slow down!" Steve yells. "Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?" Robin asks. "It's the Indy 300" Steve corrects. "Umm, no dumbass, it's the Indy 500" I yell annoyed. "Its 300!" Steve yells. "Let's say a million" Robin says in a giddy voice. Still completely out of it I just start laughing, along with Steve, and Robin. We continue laughing ignoring whatever Dustin and Erica are talking about, until we stop hard and crash into some barrels. After we crash Dustin turns around and asks "you guys alright back there?" We didn't respond with words just groans of pain. After a second Dustin, opens the back door, Erica standing by his side. "Come on we gotta go, now!" Dustin says urgently. We don't move so Erica yells "Come on! Get out!" "Let's go!" Dustin yells while grabbing my arm and pulling me and the others out. "Ow!" I yell as he pulls me. "We're coming!" Steve yells annoyed. "This sucks" I say annoyed as well. Erica pushes me closer to the large door since I didn't want to move on my own. Dustin used a key card and then the large door opens to the elevator, we all make our way inside.

The elevator starts going up, back to the surface. Steve is stand on a kart with wheels while Robin, and I move him back and forth. "Hey! You look like your surfing" Robin says in a amazed tone of voice. "Surfing! Yeah! I'm a natural! Check it out!" Steve yelled before falling and the tripping over a couple boxes landing on his ass. "Wipe out!" I yell, as we all start laughing again.

As Steve lays on the pile of boxes Dustin goes up to him and places a hand on his forehead. "He's burning up" Dustin says. "You're burning up" Steve says back in a sassy tone. "One sec, one sec, Steve, Steve" Dustin says as his trying to get a good look at Steve's eyes. "God, no. Ow!" Steve says since his eye is still very swollen. "His pupils are super dilated" Dustin says to Erica. "Maybe he's drugged?" Erica questions. "Boop" Steve says as he boops Dustin on the noise. "Steve, were you drugged?" Dustin asks. "How many times, dad? I don't do drugs. It's only marijuana" Steve says still completely out of it. "Don't be stupid marijuana is a drug Steve" I say. "Shut up, you smoke to" Steve says while laughing. "This isn't funny, okay? I need to know what they did to you, are you gonna die on us?" Dustin asks annoyed. "We all die, my strange little child friend. It's just a matter of how... and when" Robin says in a creepy tone. "They're gonna be looking for us there, so I need you to tell me where you parked your car" Dustin says questioning Steve. "Oh, can we make a pit stop at the food court?" Steve asks. "I would kill for a hot dog on a stick" Robin says. "oooooh" I say with excitement in my voice. "All right. Yeah, food. Yes, you can have as much food as you want, but only if you tell me where your car is parked" Dustin says trying to get us to focus. "Uh-oh" Steve says. "Uh-oh?" Dustin asks confused. "The cars off the board" Steve says. "What?" Dustin says. "They took the keys. The Russians, they took the keys. Like, forever ago" Steve explains. "That's a bummer right" Robin says while laughing.

The elevator finally stops and we're back to the surface. "Oh! Oh, my god, that tastes so good. Ah!" Robin says sticking her tongue out. "Steve, can you taste the air?" I question also walking around with my tongue out. "I taste it! I taste it!" Steve says, voice sounding muffled because of his mouth being wide open. While walking around tasting the air in laughing. When all of the sudden two guards spot us. "Shit! Come on! Come on!" Dustin yells grabbing us. All I can hear is yelling until Robin screams "Why are we running?" No one answers the question but the five of us make it back inside the mall.

Dustin and Erica pull us along as we run through the back hallways of the mall. "Whoa!" Steve yells dramatically. "Where are we going?" Erica asks in a rush. "Just trust me" Dustin answers. We stop at a door, Dustin opens in and looks out. "All clear" Dustin says as we make our way out. We follow him into one of the movie theaters. While walking in Steve pulls a bag of popcorn out of the garbage. Once inside we stand for a second watching the movie. "What did I tell you?! Eighty-eight miles per hour!" We keep watching until Dustin says, "Come on." We walk down the side stairs to the front of the theater. Making it to the front to see three open seats at the end of the row. "You three, sit" Dustin demands us. "No, no, no! These seats are too close!" Robin complains. "Dudes, these seats blow" Steve agrees. "Then don't watch the movie" Dustin says annoyed. "We wanna watch it" I say in a whisper yell. "Then watch it!" Dustin yells angry. "Shhhh, your being to loud I can't hear" I say. "Whatever you do, don't... go... anywhere" Dustin says with a sigh. "Fine, dad" Steve answers. Dustin and Erica move along to some more open seats as we watch the movie.