Chapter 28 Dig Dug

After you and Dustin found Dart eating Mew-Mew. You both decided it would be best to lock him in Dustin's room until you could deal with him. First you had to get Dustin's mom out of the house. Figuring once she realizes Mew-Mew isn't there would be the best way to get her out. So you guys came up with a plan of how to trap him in the cellar. You had to wait until the next day to put the plan into action. So you went home telling Dustin if he needed anything to call.

(The next morning, Y/Ns pov)

     Making my way out of my house heading to my bike. Eddie runs up to me and asks "So, what are you doing today? I was thinking we could hangout." "Oh, sorry Ed's. Not right now I have to go back to Dustin's to help him. Let's just say our scientific studies didn't go as planned" I say apologetic. "Um okay, maybe tomorrow then?" he asks. "Yes, tomorrow promise" I say with a smile. "Okay, have fun with your science stuff" he says with his cheeky smile. After our conversation I headed to Dustin's house on my bike. Once getting there hiding in the tree line from his mom. He said she's going kinda crazy so I just decided to not make conversation. After I see her car pull out of their driveway and out of sight. I head up putting my bike next to Dustins carrying my duffel bag inside. Both Dustin and I agreed it would be best to have protection from Dart. And since I used to do karate I still have all of my old pads. They should be enough protection. Once inside me and Dustin start setting up our plan.

     After setting my stuff down I head back outside to open the cellar doors. While I did that Dustin went looking for some old hockey gear. Afterwards Dustin gets ham from the refrigerator he starts the trail down the hallway while I make it down the septs and into the cellar. Once finished we put on our safety gear. "Ready?" Dustin asks me. "Eh, fuck it" I say watching him walk back to his door. Standing in front of it he says "All right, Dart. Breakfast time" through the door. Opening it he starts running back to me. Both of us talking under our breaths while running out to an old shed in his backyard. Dustin saying "Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god." over and over again. While i'm just swearing. "Shit, shit, shit" I say as we both get inside the shed looking through the boards of wood that are the walls. "Come on. Come, on. I know your hungry" Dustin says while watching. As soon as we see Dart eating the ham making his way outside Dustin starts chanting "Yes, yes, yes." "Dustin shut up" I say under my breath making him stop talking as we keep watching. But he suddenly stops right before the cellar, and turn to look directly at Dustin and I spying on him. We back up to the other side of the shed. After a second walking back up to check what's happening, still seeing him staring back at us. Taking a very deep breath looking at each other and nodding. Once prepared as much as we could be. We both run out screaming catching Dart off guard. Dustin hits him into the cellar with his stick and I run over and jump on the doors closing him inside. Between heavy breaths Dustin says "I'm sorry. You ate my cat."

     After getting Dart inside the cellar we take off our gear and start the second phase of our plan. Carefully getting Mew-Mew out of Dustin's room and into a hole I dug. After sadly setting him inside I start to shovel dirt on top of his body. Dustin was trying to contact the others to inform them of what was happening. I can hear him talking into his walkie-talkie "Guys, this is Dustin again. Does anyone copy? This is a code red. I repeat a code red!" But he never got a response.

     Next we went back inside his house to start cleaning the blood. Getting cleaning supplies out from under Dustin's kitchen sink. It's my turn to try and contact the others. "We really need someone to pick up. It's Y/N, Hoppers MIA, and i've got a code red. A code red! Me and Dustin need you guys to answer" I say but again no response. I mean what could everyone else be doing. I took the chair from Dustin's room outside to clean spraying it off and scrubbing the hell out of it. While Dustin stayed inside to take care of the blood on the carpet. Dustin's really trying to contact everyone else while we clean. When I finish with the chair I take it back inside to see how Dustin's doing when I hear him talking to someone. Thinking one of the guys picked up I ran to his room. "Please tell him it's super important. Please tell him that I have a code-" Dustin says. After a second he says "Yep, a code red. Exactly." After a longer pause in his conversation he says "Erica?" "So who was that Dustin?" I question. "It was Erica, but she doesn't know where Lucas is. She also turned off the walkie-talkie" he says in a sad tone. "Well it looks like we're on our own for now" I say.

     Finally finished cleaning Dustin's house since Mikes phone has been busy for over an hour we decided to bike over there. Getting to his house dropping our bikes in the driveway and going up to the front door. Ringing the doorbell over and over again until the door opened. And standing there was Ted Wheeler, Mike and Nancys dad. "Your line has been busy for over two hours, Mr. Wheeler. Do you realize this?" is the first thing Dustin says to him. "Oh, I do" he answers sarcastically. "Is Mike home?" Dustin asks. "No" Is all Mr. Wheeler said. "No? Well where the hell is he?" Dustin asks annoyed before I can even say anything. Mr. Wheeler turns around and yells "Karen, where's our son?" After a second he turns back around and says "Wills." I sigh and before Dustin can say anything I say "No one's picking up there. Nancy, what about Nancy is she here?" He turns back around and yells "Karen, where's Nancy?" turning back around again annoyed "Ally's. Our children don't live here anymore. You didn't know that?" he says again sarcastically. "Seriously?" Dustin and I say in unison. "Y/N, aren't you kinda old be playing around with middle schooler's?" he asks in a bored tone. "Hmm, i'm not sure why your talking Mr. Wheeler because last I checked you don't have any friends" I say back with attitude, walking back to my bike. "I think we're done here" he says angrily. "Son of a bitch. You're really no help at all, you know that?" Dustin says also walking away. "Hey! Language" he yells back to Dustin before closing the door.

     We were getting ready to just head back to Dustin's house. Until we see Steve's car pull up. We drop our bikes to make our way over to him. He's holding flowers and looks like he's giving himself a pep talk. "Steve! Are those for Mr. or Mrs. Wheeler?" Dustin questions. "No" Steve says confused. "Good" Dustin says taking the flowers out of his hands. "Hey. What the hell?" Steve says. "Here Y/N" Dustin says handing me the flowers. "Thanks, Dustin" I say sarcastically. "Hey!" Steve yells again. "Nancy isn't home" I say not even looking at him. "Where is she?" He questions still sounding very confused. "Doesn't matter. We have bigger problems than your love life. You still have that bat?" Dustin says as we make our way over to Steve's car. "Bat? What bat?" Steve asks. "The bat with the nails. You know the one you saved my life with last year" I say opening his back door, while Dustin opens the front passenger door. "Why?" Steve questions. "We'll explain on the way" Dustin answers. "Now?" Steve asks. "Now!" we yell at him getting in the car. Watching him run back over to the car getting in and starting it.

~ Sorry this one's coming out a bit later than normal but hope you enjoyed it ~