Chapter 37 The flayed

(Y/Ns pov)

     We continue to drop, going down very fast. We're all screaming and yelling. "Shit! Shit!" Dustin screams very high pitched. "We're going down! We're going down!" Steve yells the obvious. "Yeah, no shit Harrington!" Robin yells back. "Why don't these buttons work?!" Dustin screams still pressing all the different buttons. "Press the button!" Erica yells at Dustin. "What do you think i'm doing?!" Dustin screams back. "Come on, press something" I scream at them. "Just press the button" Steve yells. "Push it!" Erica yells.

     All of the sudden we crash, stop falling and hit the ground hard. "Oh! My groin. Fell on my groin. Dustin! Get this off of me!" Steve yells. "Is everyone okay?" Robin asks, as we're all trying to find our footing, and stand up. "Yeah, i'm doing great now that I know Russians can't build elevators!" Steve yells sarcastically. As he makes his way other to the control with all the buttons. "I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work" Robin says. "They're buttons they have to do something" Steve says pressing them. "Yeah, if we had a keycard" I state. "A-what?" Steve asks confused. "It's an electronic lock, just like the one on the loading dock. If we don't have a keycard it won't operate, meaning-" I start to explain before getting cut off. "We're stuck here" Dustin says. "Yeah" Robin agrees. "Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if i'm not home for Uncle Jacks party tomorrow an my mom finds out you four are responsible, she gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat" Erica yells us. "I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jacks party! Your moms not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve yells back at Erica. "Hey, what if we climbed out?" Dustin says pointing at the hatch in the ceiling. We open it Dustin, Steve, and I climb up, to on top of the elevator. Looking up we can't even see the top of the elevator shaft. "What were you saying about climbing?" Steve questions looking up.

*The next day*

     Dustin's on the roof with Steve trying to get in contact with anyone. While Robin and I are trying to figure anything else about the control buttons. All of the sudden we hear the sound of water dropping, looking at the wall so see, Steve's peeing. "Can you redirect your stream, please" Robin yells at him. Getting back to work until we hear the sound of metal clanging. Turning to see that Erica is trying to open the container we found in the Chinese food boxes. "Hey, hey! Be careful, careful, careful! We don't know what this is" Robin says running over to Erica to stop her. "Exactly. It could be useful" Erica replies. "Useful how?" Robin asks. I just continue to listen to their conversation while working on the control panel. "We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die" Erica explains. "I hate to break it to you, but this is not water" Robin says. "No, but it's a liquid" Erica says. "Yeah, and it could be acid which would burn your face off" I say walking up to her, taking the container out of her hands. Erica and I start arguing, Robin walks away and presses her head up against the door. "Shut up, we've got company" She says.

     We all make our way up onto the roof. Watching down as two Russian men open the door come in a grab some boxes. As they leave the door starts closing quickly. Steve jumps down first to put the container in between the door and the floor to keep it open just enough for us to get through. "Let's go" Steve says when the containers in place. Erica jumps down next and starts shimmying through. "Go, go, go, go, go" Steve chants while she's going through. "I'm going" Erica snaps back. " Henderson, your up" Steve says. Dustin makes his way through. Then Robin and me, Steve's the last one to make it through. It looks like it's going to be a close call so I run up and grab his hand to pull him out of the way of the door. Just in time to, the container breaks and starts burning the floor. "Jesus chris" Steve says in shock. "Haha, I was right" I say in triumph. "Ooh" Erica says. "You still want to drink that?" Robin asks sarcastically. "Holly mother of god" Dustin says facing the other way. We all turn around to see what he's talking about. Only to see an insanely long hallways ahead of us. "Well...  hope you guys are in good shape. Looking at you roast beef" Steve says lightly hitting Dustin. As he starts to walk down the hallway. "Let's go, come on" He says turning back around to wait for us to start following him. "Why me?" Dustin asks confused. After a second we all follow behind Steve walking down the seeming never ending hallway.