Chapter 31 The Gate

(Y/Ns pov)

After the shock of seeing Eleven sanding there, Mike run up and gave her a hug. "Eleven" Mike says in a sad tone. "Mike" El says back starting to cry a bit. All of us sanding there in shock when Max asks "Is that..." We just nod as our answers. "I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for..." Mike tells Eleven. "353 days. I heard" El says understanding what Mike was talking about. "Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike asks confused. "Because I wouldn't let her" Hopper answers from behind him. "The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper asks going up and giving Eleven a hug. "You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike yells angry going up and hitting Hopper in the back. "Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper says to Mike taking him into a different room. After they left I ran up to El to give her a hug to. "I missed my girl friend" I say to Eleven. "I missed you too, so much" She said back. After our hug I back up to give Dustin and Lucas their turn. "We missed you" Lucas says in the hug. "I missed you, too" Eleven says back. "We talked about you pretty much everyday" Dustin admits. Pulling away from their hug Eleven sticks her fingers into Dustin's mouth. "Teeth" She says. "What?" Dustin asks confused. "You have teeth" Eleven says more clearly. "Oh. You like there pearls?" Dustin says, then again doing that weird purring sound. Max walks up to us putting her hand out saying "Eleven? Hey. Um, i'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." Eleven doesn't say anything back and just walks past her to Joyce. "Hey. Hey, sweetheart" Joyce says in their hug. Pulling away El asks "Can I see him?"

After Eleven comes back from Wills room to see him. We all meet in the kitchen again to talk about our newest plan. "It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there the place is crawling with those dogs" Hopper explains. "Demo-dogs" Dustin corrects. "I'm sorry, what?" Hopper says confused. "I said, uh, demo-dogs. Like demogorgon and dogs. You put them together, it sounds pretty badass" Dustin explains still trying to make his new name stick. "How is this important right now?" Hopper asks annoyed. "It's not. I'm sorry" Dustin says back going quite. "I can do it" El says. "You're not hearing me" Hopper says. "I'm hearing you. I can do it" Eleven explains. "Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies" Mike mentions. "I thought that was the whole point" Max says out of confusion. "It is. But if we're really right about this I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayers army" Mike starts to explain his concerns. "Wills a part of that army" Lucas adds. "Closing the gate will kill him" Mike finishes the thought.

Joyce, Jonathan, and Hopper go down to Wills room. Deciding that they would get the monster out of Will by burning it out. So Jonathan, Joyce, and Nancy take Will to Hoppers cabin. At the same time Hopper would take Eleven to the gate to close it as soon as the monsters out of Will. That's leaves the rest of us to stay back. Saying goodbye watching the cars drive away in anticipation.

Back inside the Byers house. Dustin convinces Steve to help him put the demo-dog in the freezer. While Lucas and Max clean up the broken glass. Mike is pacing back and forth in the living room. And i'm just getting lost in my thoughts walking around the house following the maps Will drew. Getting pulled out by a annoyed Lucas asking Mike to stop pacing. "You weren't in there, okay, Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs" Mike says nervous and angry. "Demo-dogs!" Dustin yells coming out of the kitchen. "The chief will take care of her" Lucas says trying to reassure his friend. "Like she needs protection" Max adds. "Listen, dude, a coach calls a play for in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve try's to explain. "Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench" Mike says in a smartass tone. "So my point is... right, yeah, we're on the bench, so uh, there's nothing we can do" Steve says. "That's not entirely true. I mean, these demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus they were called away" Dustin explains. "So if we get their attention..." Lucas says understanding where Dustins going with this. "Maybe we can draw them from the lab" Max adds on. "Clear a path to the gate" I say. "Yeah, and then we all die" Steve says being a party pooper. "That's one point of view" Dustin says trying to find a bright side of what Steve said. "No, that's not a point of view, man, that's a fact" Steve adds. "I got it!" Mike says. Following Mike around the map ignoring Steves comments. "This is where the chief dug his hole. This is our way into the tunnels, so... here, right here. This is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe if we set this on fire..." Mike explains. "Oh, yeah? That's a no" Steve says still getting ignored. "The mind flayer would call away his army" Dustin says. "They'd all come to stop us" Lucas adds. "We circle back to the exit" Mike explains. "Guys" Steve says still trying to get our attention. "By the time they realize we're gone..." I start to say. "El would be at the gate" Max finishes my sentence. "Hey. Hey! Hey! This is not happening" Steve yells. "But-" Mike starts to say before getting cut off. "No, no, no, no, no. No buts. I promised i'd keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactly what I plan on doing. We're staying here. On the bench, and we're waiting for the starting team to do their job. Does everybody understand?" Steve says looking at all of us. "This isn't a stupid sports game" Mike comments. "I said does everybody understand that? I need a yes" Steve says sternly.