Chapter 38 E Pluribus Unum

(Y/Ns pov)

     Looking through the door at the scene in front of us. Not taking my eyes away I hear, Dustin and Steve saying out loud "the gate."

     We all make our way back down the stairs in a hurry. "I don't understand, you've seen this before?" Robin questions, confused. "Not exactly" Steve admits. "Then what, exactly?" Robin asks. "All you need to know is it's bad" I say as we keep moving. "It's really bad" Steve adds. "Like-end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kinda bad" Dustin explains. "And you know this how?" Robin asks another question. "Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica asks not seeing the Russian guard on the ground anymore.

     We all finally notice after she said that and panic began to set in. All of the sudden alarms start blaring, and red lights start blinking. "Shit" Steve says as he runs to the door. He opens the door and see the soldier and many others. They notice us and starts to make their way over to the room. "Shit!" Steve says again as he slams the door back shut. "Go, go, go, go, go!" He yells. We all turn around and start running back up the stairs. "Move! Let's move!" He yells as we all make it back into the room we were just watching through. We go through both doors this time. Stopping only for a second as the Russian scientists see us. Dustin, Robin, Erica, Steve, and I are now fully panicking. "Go! Shit! Shit, shit, shit!" Steve keeps yelling not allowing us to stop at all. We run through another door opening, down to these walk ways by the laser. Dustin screeches as he gets to the end of the walk way, face to face with the laser. "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" He screams. "Guards go!" Erica yells, noticing the soldiers are now coming down onto the wall way as well. "This way!" Steve yells finding another set of stairs. "Come on!" I yell grabbing onto Dustin's shoulder, making sure he's following us. Steve's pushing guards out of the way clearing us a path.

     "Come on! Go, go, go, go!" Steve yells again. "Come on!" Robin yells finding a room to run into. "Come on! Quick!" I yell pushing Dustin and Erica into the room. "Hold the door!" Steve yells as he's the last one to get inside. Steve and I slam the door shut holding it closed. The Russian soldiers push trying to get inside. "Robin! Help us, come on!" Steve yells, needing more help to keep the door closed. "Here! Come on, let's go!" Erica says finding a vent to escape from. "Come on!" Dustin yells seeing that the three of us still haven't moved from holding the door. "Go! Just get out of here!" Steve yells back. "Go, come on, now!" Dustin yells again. "No! Just go get some help, okay?" I yell at him. "What are you doing?!" Steve screams still seeing Dustin not moving. "Go!" The three of us yell at them. "I won't forget you!" Dustin yells finally getting into the vent. "Go!" We all yell again has he finally shuts the gate. They get out just in time, because after the Russians are able to get the door open. Pretty much getting thrown, then the next second being surrounded by Russian soldiers holding guns to our heads.

     We all get taken to separate room for interrogation.

     "So let's try this again. Who do you work for?" The Russian guard who looked he was in charge asks. "Who do I work for? Hmm I really don't think my answers changed since the last three times you've asked me. Scoops Ahoy." I answered annoyed. I guess they didn't like my answer, because the only response I got was a slap to the face. "You should learn to give respect. Who sent you?" He questions again. "No one sent me, it's was a mistake. We were looking for a shipment and got stuck in that loading dock room, which turned into an elevator. And now we're here." I explain. Still not liking the answers I have to give, I get a nice punch in the face. My head swings back from the punch, hurting my neck and trying to pick my head back up as my ears start ringing. The guard walks up and grabs my chin backing me look up at him. "Last chance, who do you work for?" he asks getting in my face, so I close I can smell his nasty breath. "I already told you, i'm a high schooler I work at scoops ahoy" I answer having a hard time focusing. "Wrong answer" he says letting go and walking away nodding to the other guard. After the nod the guard punches me again, this time I black out.