10

It had been two months since everything with Marcell and Brooklyn was still trying to heal herself she as doing well in school and her Trey had gotten closer.

"I-I don't know if I can do this" Brooklyn looked at Trey as she sat outside her old home her palms were sweaty and her mouth was dry.

"Yes you can Brooklyn they can't hate you forever just go i'll be right here" Trey nudged her and she took a deep breath as she opened the car door closing it.

She walked up the steps as the creaked and she stood in front of the door and she sighed giving herself a pep talk.

"They're your parents it's not that hard just talk to  them"

Brooklyn knocked on the door and she heard footsteps and she opened it seeing her little sister and she tried not to cry she hadn't seen Veah in two years.

"Brook" Veah smiled hugging her and she looked at her trying not to cry.

"You got so big-

"Veah who's at the door"

Brooklyn looked seeing her mother walk up and she instantly turned her face up.

"Veah go upstairs-

"But mom-

"Now" she looked at her and Veah sighed as she turned around leaving.

"You know you got a lot of nerve showing up here I thought when we said never come back that you would get the message you brung shame to our family"

"Mama please just listen I need you-

"No what you need to do is get off of my porch I told you that you wasn't welcomed back here anymore" She was about to close the door and Brooklyn stopped her.

"Mama-

"No you chose to go be a hoe so that's what you can do don't come back here until you quit that sinful life you show all those men your goodies I raised you better than that" She scowled.

"But mama I needed the money for school i'm only doing it until I graduate college and I miss Veah please let me see her" Brooklyn begged and her mother looked at her.

"There is other ways to get money more appropriate ways you turned your back on the church for a sinful life and then have the nerve to say you feel bad about it no you can't talk to Veah I might have failed as a parent with you but I won't with her goodbye Brooklyn"

Brooklyn watched as she slammed the door and Brooklyn got upset as she banged on the door she couldn't believe her mom was not speaking to her because she chose to dance.

"I did everything you asked if me growing up everything but it was never enough" Brooklyn yelled as she kicked the door screaming.

"Fuck you fuck you I don't need you anyway" Brooklyn yelled and she looked seeing Veah watch her from her window with tears rolling down her face she missed her sister she just didn't know worse things got for her after she moved out.

"Hey-Come on" Trey grabbed her as she tried to lunge at the door it hurt him seeing her this hurt but he knew it was nothing he could do her mother wasn't going to talk to her until she quit stripping.

Trey wasn't exactly ecstatic about her dancing but Brooklyn was grown she was old enough to make her own decisions and he saw how much shit she got from her mom for doing it he didn't want to add onto it.

"It's not fair-it's not fair"She cried as he placed her in the car and he looked at her seeing she had snot coming out of her nose.

" Brooklyn calm down look at me it's her lose she'll come around eventually it's nothing you can do it's not your fault" Trey wiped her tears and Brooklyn looked at him.

She realized at least she had Trey she would probably be lost without him for the past two months she been under him like almost attached people around them thought they were a fling but whole they hadn't even kissed.

But the way they was hanging it was only a matter of time before one of them came out and said something.