38

Brooklyn walked up to Mirah who sat in the chair chewing her gum and she saw Mirah stop and smile"What you doing up here on your off day"

"I'm looking for Nate has he been here"Brooklyn looked around and Mirah shook her head.

"He quit he didn't tell you girl yeah he came and said he found a better job with better pay and he was out"

"Can I see your phone to call him"

Brooklyn grabbed her phone dialing him and she waited for him to answer.

Nate looked at his brothers and he stepped outside the room and he answered it and he heard Brooklyn's voice it had been two weeks since he seen her or heard from her.

"Please don't hang up on me please-

"I tried to help you and I tried to warn you and you didn't listen to there is nothing I can do the situation is out of my hands Im not controlling it"

He listened as she began to cry and he sighed he wanted to help her but his brothers and uncle made it very clear what would happen to him if he was caught.

"Please Nate Please-

Nate hung up the phone and Brooklyn handed Mirah back her phone and she stormed out the hospital and she looked as she saw a all black car parked and she got in driving off and she hurried home she had no choice but to run.

Brooklyn bust through the door and she saw Trey sitting on the couch on his phone and she went to the room opening the closet as she began grabbing her things and she opened her suitcase throwing her clothes in and Trey walked in and be scratched his head.

"The fuck are you doing now"

"You are going to get me killed and I have a life-

"What are you talking about now" Trey rolled his eyes and Brooklyn smacked him in the face.

"You promised me that I would never get wrapped up in your business you promised me that I would never get involved and I have people following me it's just a matter of time before they finish the job"Brooklyn wiped her tears as she zipped up one of her suitcases.

Trey face dropped and he realized it had to be Marco peoples that he was referring too but it was impossible he had killed half of them.

"Brooklyn wait you have to stay-

"No I'm not staying with you I'm getting far away from you I can't believe you did this to me they are going to kill me"Brooklyn wiped her tears and Trey grabbed her.

"Brooklyn stop fucking stop just let me figure this out"

Brooklyn kicked him in his knee and she wiped her tears"You can figure it out i'll be on a plane going lord knows where"

"Brooklyn-

Brooklyn grabbed her suitcase and she wiped her tears "I thought you loved me you told me you loved me you don't love me"

Brooklyn grabbed her suitcase and she saw the same car a couple blocks down and she threw her suitcase in the back and she watched as Trey ran outside trying to chase her but she had already left.

Brooklyn went to the nearest ATM and she withdrew all of the money she had on her account and she turned around walking back to her car and she made her way to the airport.

Nate counted the money and his uncle came in and looked at them"She's trying to flee so i'll be back Nate watch over them"

Nate nodded and he looked at Donovan who looked at him and he looked at him "I wonder who tipped her off"

"Me too"Nate replied dryly and Donovan held him against the wall and Nate looked at him.

"Get the fuck off me"Nate shoved him causing him to fall and Donovan was about to charge at him but he stopped and laughed.

"Your not worth it"

Nate watched as they looked at him and he clenched his jaw "I didn't fucking say stop keep going"