It can't be (6)

Skylers POV:

I have always been beyond grateful for Asara, she steps in making sure that I am safe and puts me first, above everything she has always put me first.

For me being able to have that bond with her is critical in ensuring that my secret stays well hidden. She steps forward when I need to hide away. Which is exactly what happened when I realized Luther wasn't my mate, I know that I don't want one, but smelling the woodsy aroma and knowing that he wasn't mine... it hurt.

'Sky, pup, you need to come forward again okay? Will you be able to handle it yet?' Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, and then another. 'I'm ready A'

The moment I pushed myself forward it hit me again, but this wasn't the same, this was fresh morning dew, a warm spring day when the flowers start to bloom and the scent overwhelms your senses. This can't be happening, my eyes get watery, I-I ... deep breaths sky Asaras voice rings in my head.

My feet start moving involuntary towards the source that has me feeling anxiously excited. She was standing a mere two feet away when we finally locked eyes, this was it, my mate was standing right in front of me. Luckily A knew to keep my scent hidden and didn't betray me even when I could feel her getting overwhelmed with the fact that we could not hold her.

I tried my best to hold it in, but Asara couldn't any longer, she finally forced herself forward for a split second. "Mate"

I couldn't take it, my mate was so close and far at the same time, Asara betrayed me, people where staring, she was staring. I willed my legs to move, when they finally could I ran like hell. If ever there was a time I needed my binki it was now. What I didn't expect was for her to come after me:\

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, A couldn't be trusted in control so it was up to me, tears threatened to fall with every step I took, and just as the real me took over.. she fell.

Trying my best to control my emotions, I started to cuss, I knew it was bad but I couldn't help it. I fiddled with my fingers looking down, and then suddenly sparks erupted on my chin with a soft sigh escaping my lips. It felt like home until I realized that from this moment keeping who I am a secret was going to be hard.

Where is that freaking binki when you need it , I huff in my mind, wanting nothing more than the relief it brings. I couldn't stop myself even if I wanted to, the words escaped my lips without warning.

"I need my paci"

"You need what love?"

"My binki, I need it" the tears started falling, she was surely going to hate me now.

"Oh..."

'Oh' that's it ... ugh I'm going to regret this. "Yes mommy..."

Her eyes widend at my use of that word and I was sure that this was the moment she was going to reject me, which is for the best, no one wants to deal with who I am so why should she? I was startled out of my thoughts by sparks erupting all over my body, she was picking me up bridal style, why?

"Where can this binki be found baby?" She said with a genuine smile.

What!? She's not leaving?
"Home.."

"I'll take you there on one condition okay? Will you please stop masking your scent. You're mine baby girl, I won't leave, but please I need to be able to breathe in your wonderful scent" she looked so sad, but why?

"Okay mommy.." my voice breaking a bit for calling her that, I didn't want her to put me down or to leave me. Although I really want her to be my mommy, so maybe me saying that will make her more comfortable with the idea, but what if it doesn't.. what if she finds it weird and rejects me, what if..

"Baby, breathe for me please I can feel your thoughts spinning. We can take this one step at a time, we'll talk about everything later, but for now please breathe."

"I- I'm sorry. I'll stop masking now" as I did that she had the most beautiful bright smile on her face, was she happy or do I just smell funny?

"Thank you so much my baby, you smell amazing."

"Really? What do I smell like" my eyes perking up a bit.

"Like baby powder and sweeties, it's almost as perfect as you are."

"No mommy!" I say giggling

"Don't you no me, you are my little sweetie and there is nothing you can do about it" she said in a mocking tone while slightly tickling my tummy.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't even realize that we were at my pack house. "You need to put me down, now please!" She looked hurt and confused by what I said but complied rather quickly. I held out my hand as to not break contact and lead her towards the pack house, and my room, my nerves were practically tearing at my soul when we entered my room. I was fiddling with my fingers, staring at the small black dot on the ground trying my best to avoid her gaze when she gently pushed my chin up , and put my favorite dinky in my mouth.

She held me by my waist which earned a squeal from my mouth and pulled me towards the bed, putting me on her lap with my head facing hers

She held me by my waist which earned a squeal from my mouth and pulled me towards the bed, putting me on her lap with my head facing hers. She pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, gently pushing my head towards her chest. This made me move in restrain ever so slightly, but I stopped as soon as I felt mommies hand tighten around my hair and her hips moving upwards involuntary, a soft moan escaping her lips. I jolted up and looked at her in pure shock, a small smile creeping up on my face.

"I'm sorry baby.." I didn't mean to do that, I'm really so, so sorry."

"What's your name?" I replied trying to avoid the wetness starting to grow in places where they shouldn't be, atleast not yet.

She looked confused, but answered none the less "I'm Rayna, but will you please still call me mommy?"

"Will do mommy" hearing her say that made me smile uncontrollably, I was so scared that she was going to find me strange, but now she was asking me to call her that. "You have a pretty name" is the last thing I say to her before resting my head on her chest again sucking on binki rawr, humming myself to sleep.