War (32)

Skylers POV: future scene

There was more bloodshed than I have ever experienced before, bodies falling left and right as everyone tried their best to reach the small circle where Daniel stood.

I was busy with about five rogues, trying my best to dodge as many attacks as possible when I heard the most painful scream that my ears have ever heard, a scream that will be with me until the day that I die. Darting my eyes up trying to find the source of the sorrowful voice, they finally landed on the figure of a body falling to the ground.

'N-NO-NOOO!' My voice breaking at the pain in my chest.

Raynas POV:

I rushed past the people that separated me from Skyler, forcing everyone to get out of my way so that I could ensure my mates safety.

"SKY!" I yelled out trying to catch her attention.

"Rayna, I'm over here, what's wrong?" She asked rushing towards me.

"I-you.. Your okay?"

"The battle has not started yet love, why would I be anything but okay?" She slightly giggled making my sense relax as I grabbed her hand whining at the lack of sparks.

"Even after the battle starts... just - just be okay... please" I pleaded holding her hand tighter than before.

"I promise." She smiled reassuringly.

Her smile was quickly replaced by pure shock, as a wolf nearby was dragged away into the fog, it looked almost as if the fog decided that it was hungry and swallowed the unknown wolf whole. A gut wrenching scream echoed in the dense forest as another wolf ran after the by now surely dead wolf, after that all hell broke loose as wolves rushed into the concealed battle field.

"Celestine! Find a way to get rid of this fucking fog as soon as possible."

"On it" Althea said, sensing Celestine's unwillingness to take orders.

Skylers POV:

With one last glance towards Rayna, I let Asara take control, in times of battle we had an unspoken rule, she would always fight first to try and eliminate the more dangerous threats and then I would take over fighting until there was no one left to kill, giving my wolf well deserved time to rest.

Asara tore through the rogues one by one without so much as breaking a sweat... wait does she even sweat... without panting?

'Focus child!'

'Right sorry'

Leaping over some rogues that looked as if they would merely be a waste of her strength she soon made her way closer and closer to a group of rogues just standing in a circle.

'Daniel is in the center of the circle!' I heard Alex through the pack link.

'That fucking coward can't even fight his own battles.' Asara said with a smirk, feeling more enraged than she thought possible.

'It only makes it easier for us to get to him.' I replied trying to get her mind back to the wolves that were now charging towards us, but I failed at doing so, she was so focused on her anger towards the waste of oxygen, that she didn't protect us properly.

A wolf managed to make it through my pack members and got a cheap shot at my hind legs causing us to whimper slightly, stumbling backwards to try and get as much distance between our vulnerability and the useless rogue. My eyes shot up after I saw that he had done some damage, my leg was bleeding and I could feel that one of his teeth had broken off inside my leg.

'His rotten teeth better not get me sick, or I'll fucking bring him back to life just to torture him!' Asara snapped just before jolting forward and gripping him by the neck. He was a whimpering mess and I hardly even applied pressure.. weak. With one last struggle he tried to get out of my grip only causing my canines to sink in deeper, I quickly grew bored of his failed attempts at fighting back, so I did what any normal person would. I ripped his head off, throwing it in the air and kicking it like a football ball.

"She shoots, she scores!" I say as I take control again, transforming back into human form. I laughed hysterically as I realized just how true 'she scores' was, as the severed head hit another rogue against the side of her face. The look of pure horror made me snicker slightly before returning to the plan at hand, kill everyone in my way.

Rileys POV:

I couldn't help but laugh at Daniel's shocked face once he saw that none of the wolves seemed to be affected by the pull of the moon and mate bond, where as on the other hand, the rogues where experiencing every second of uncontrollable pain and lust. There was no way in hell that he would even come close to winning.

'Good, that just leaves one last thing.' Fenrir said in our mind

'And that would be killing him.'

'That as well yes.'

'What else could there possibly be, and don't say our mates.'

'As tempting as that is, not

'I'm waiting, we can't stand in this circle forever you know.' I said in annoyance.

'Who's that?' He said and my eyes moved to a figure walking towards us, until I saw the chains around her already bruised and frail body.

"FINALLY!" Daniel's voice screeched over the forest causing everyone to stop and look at what he was so happy about.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked announcing my presence to everyone, I could feel eyes burn into the back of my skull and without even looking I knew who it was, my mates must hate me at the moment, I would hate me if I were in their position.

"Good question indeed my young trainee." He laughed menacingly and once again I could feel the eyes on my skull getting more intense, forcing me to glance at their owners faces, they looked so hurt.

'I never want to see that look on their faces again.' Fenrir sighed softly.

'Agreed' I managed to stammer out as I turn my attention back to the fucker infront of me.

"Joseph! My old friend where the heck are you?" He asked sounding so sure of himself.

"What do you want?!" A powerful voice radiated over everyone, causing most wolves to bow ever so slightly, everyone except for me and Daniel who apparently thought he had the upper hand for some reason.

"It's not what I want oh wise king, it's what you want" He laughed again.

"What could you possibly have that I need!?"

"Your mate." He said firmly and the gasps and murmurs started to grow.

Daniel stepped aside, showing the broken and beaten figure forced to her knees that stood behind him. Joseph locked eyes with the unknown female and fell to his knees... no... it's fucking true?!

Not long after the small exchange of sorrowful howls from Joseph and his Lycans, the battle grew more violent and meaningful than ever before, Lycans and wolves alike trying their absolute best to save their kings mate.

***

Just wanted to say thank you to each and everyone of you amazing people that reads the story. A special shout out to my amazing girlfriend and proof reader asmilecanbefake and MoonGoddess45 for voting and commenting on so many chapters, it strangely gives me motivation to write faster or more🤷‍♀️