Preparations (31)

Skylers POV:

"Just let me hold her one last time.."

"Oh stop being so dramatic, you will get to hold her all you want." Celestine said in annoyance.

"There won't be any sparks!"

"You get one minute."

I pulled Rayna closer to my body savoring the sparks that erupted over my body, it felt as if this was going to be goodbye and I hated it.

"I love you baby girl." She whispered in my ear, her tears falling on my skin... she felt it too.

"I love you mommy." With the words escaping my mouth, all the wonderful sparks that danced on my skin were gone.

"It's done, every bond has been broken."

"It feels so.... lonely"

"That's because it is I'm afraid, you basically lost one another." Althea said almost inaudible.. she sounded so sad, I wonder why.

"Temporarily!" Alex spat walking towards us.

"Yes, temporarily" Celestine said nonchalantly.

Silence washed over us as we stared at one another, hating that we had to do this in order to win a stupid battle with someone that we have defeated already.

"How long do we have?" Alex said again breaking the silence.

"Two hours... the moon rises in two hours." Rayna said stammering over her words. I don't have to be connected with her to see how her nerves washed over her sense.

"Hey, it's going to be okay my love." I said squeezing her hand, the lack of sparks made us release our intertwined fingers as fast as we held them that way, both of us sighing at the lack of love that washed over our skin.

"Get some rest, all of you, this might be our last two hours on this earth." Celestine laughed uncontrollably.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" Asara spat out taking over.

"Oh relax mutt, there is no way in hell Daniel wins this."

"Celestine!" Altheas voice boomed.

"What?"

"Don't call them that, they are the reason we met now, or did you forget that part." Celestine didn't reply for a moment, looking between Althea and me.

"Fine, sorry Asara." Her tone never changing.

"It's fine, go now please." Rayna said softly.

"Please try and enjoy the few moments you have together." Althea said before taking Celestine's hand, leading her to their home.

"I need to go to my family.." Alex sighed walking away, leaving me and Rayna alone.

Another moment of awkward silence washed over us.

"Want to go up to our room?" Rayna said abruptly.

"Excuse me?" I blinked

"Room?"

"Oh, uhm ... yeah why not."

"We don't have to you know."

"I know, but I want to." I said with a forced smile.

She held my hand in hers and it took everything in me to not rip my hand out of her cold embrace, not having the sparks or soothing feeling of my mates touch made me regres a little.

"No..."

"No what baby?"

"No hold hand." I said firmly and pouting.