Albrelgosaur

(Al-brel-go-saw)

(Al-brel-go-saw)

Herbivore
Power: Protection
Height: 9 metres tall (6 metres long)
Weight: 7,000kg
Realm: Yonderfield
Lifespan: 60 years old
Era: Pirissa

Albrelgosaurs are distance relatives of the Albrolgosaurs from the Lost Realm. Their names mean "Almighty spike tank" in ancient Mermaidian. This herbivore is the number one meal on every predators list. They have many defense mechanisms like spikes coming out of their head, shoulders and they also have a bony frill. Albrelgosaurs usually peaceful creatures and lived in herds, just like usual herbivore animals, the herd consisted of an Alpha, three males and up to 30 females. Sometimes there were more males than females for protection. Herds usually lived north of Yonderfield, during cold seasons the herd would migrate south to their mating territory where they would integrate with other herds and lay their freezing eggs in nests made up of sticks and dirt.

When predators attacked, Albrelgosaurs had a large shield sitting on top of their head which was 4 - 5 metres high, it was their first main physical defence mechanism as well as the pointy spikes, their oily skin was soft which made it easy for predators to sink their teeth into. Their other defence was their magical power. They could summon a invisible protective shield. Their mating land was the biggest land with a boulder wall similar to their relatives, which was how Alphas found the mating grounds as well. But there was a downfall to this special technique, the boulders would be a landmark alerting predators food was nearby, which was why there was more than one male per herd, they others as guards. Babies were born in freezing eggs which were left in nests for 45 days before hatching. The mother would have usually spent all day around the nest and when babies cracked open out of their eggs, the mother would usually vomit her food into green slime and the babies would eat it, gaining many nourishments . It usually took 74 weeks for the babies to fully grown, females stayed in the herd while males either left if they lost a fight with the Alpha, the ones who won stayed and joined the guards. Their daily lifestyle would usually be have heads down towards the grass eating up to 50 tonnes a day, they grind their food as their teeth were one big bone - both top and bottom sets instead of individual teeth. Their manure was full of magical vitamins too,  which helped the plant life regenerate quicker wherever they were.