𝙍𝙊𝙈𝘼𝙉𝙏𝙄𝘾 𝙃𝙊𝙈𝙄𝘾𝙄𝘿𝙀

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥romantic homicide
chapter 5

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝.
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐲.
𝐧𝐨, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫.
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

feeling the light breeze of the wind and the touch of another person under my body i quickly jolt awake

to my surprise, scaramouche was carrying me on his back quietly glancing back to me upon feeling my quick movements.

"what are you doing, harbinger." i scoff and get off his back.

"just carrying you, is that so wrong?" he smirks and grabs my hand to continue walking.

"yeah well, it's weird. you're a harbinger i'm your enemy?"

"enemy? oh because your acquaintances with the traveller? you don't have to worry about this. i'm not even considered a harbinger anymore." scaramouche made his way to the sea. he was talking a lot more than usual, which made him suspicious. was he up to something?

"why aren't you a harbinger anymore?" i carefully asked.

scaramouche sighed and looked at me, "i stole the gnosis and ran away from my job. of course i can't be considered a fatui harbinger anymore. i'll most likely be dead if they even find me."

he seemed stressed. why would he even do that?

"but why-"
i was cut off by scaramouche destroying a pile of heavy rocks only to reveal a small boat.

"stop asking questions and get in." he sternly said while wiping dirt off his clothes.

"why"

"just stop. i'm trying to save the both of us. we're leaving inazuma."

i was taken aback by his command and stood still. i can't leave inazuma. what about lumine? i can't just leave her. especially because she's with yae miko who i have grown to despise.
aether would hate me forever if he found out about how i abandoned lumine.

"no." i said and let go of scaramouche's hand.

"what."

"i can't go with you, scaramouche. i still have duties of my own to fulfil in inazuma." i slowly walked backwards away from him watching his every move.

i couldn't make out his emotions cause his face wasn't showing anything but surely he wasn't very happy about my decision.

i made the bold move to turn my back on him and that's when i felt a sharp pain on my head followed by me falling to the ground.