𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙍 𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙋𝙋𝙄𝙉𝙂

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥star shopping
chapter 19

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭,
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝐀 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞,
𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞,
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧' 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♬ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"why are you so stupid." i ask and receive an annoyed look by scaramouche.

"shut it, i'm trying my best." he says as he messes up yet another fried egg.

"i'll do it." i say pushing scaramouche away and continue making breakfast. he didn't fight against it, i think he wanted me to do it in the first place but was too embarrassed to tell me.

it has been exactly eight days since me and scaramouche have been dating and 31 days since we arrived in liyue, i haven't heard a single thing from either lumine or aether and to be honest i couldn't be more relieved.
i'm just so happy with scaramouche.

but in the back of my mind i actually do feel bad for leaving aether like that. the thought of going back to the abyss makes me sick tho. i can't imagine being there again.

all i was doing was following orders or giving out orders it wasn't fun at all. well at least not when i wasn't with aether.

oh archons i actually do miss aether.

as i think about my time with aether another question pops up in my head, one that i never really thought about. who is my family?

it's always been the abyss and aether but never anyone else. i can't even remember having a childhood.

i must have parents or else i wouldn't be here in the first place. are they still alive? do i have siblings? where do they live?

would my family recognise me now?

i remember the dream i had in that zhongli was in and remember what i said about my family.

i was talking about them not caring about me and not having enough time for me. and that i didn't want to talk to them. was i in a fight with them?

is that actually true?
is that dream even true? do i have a family?

a billion unanswered question flood through my brain and my expression visibly saddens. will i ever meet my family?

i look up to scaramouche's loving face. he's all the family i need. i find comfort in him.

his eyes meet mine and then back down to my hands. he leans closer to me and i get ready for a kiss. i close my eyes and wait for his lips to meet mine which doesn't happen so i open my eyes again.

"[name] you're burning the eggs."

"OH FUCK." i quickly turn off the stove and take the fried egg out of the pan.

"so, what were you thinking about?"

"nothing."

"you looked sad."

"i'm fine."

"you don't look fine."

i shift my gaze away from the egg to scaramouche, he has a serious expression on his face with furrowed eyebrows signalling that he's concerned.

"okay, i am fine i was just thinking about some things." i sigh and go in for a hug.

"what kind of things?" he asks as he pats my back.

"family."

"i see." scaramouche says.

"it doesn't matter anymore, i'm with you and that's all i need. let's eat some breakfast." i shake my head and smile leading him to the table.

"we only have burned eggs."

"oh right."

—————-
im sorry it took so long for me to update😪!!